• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Official OGBoards Running (and Cycling) Thread: (Insert Season Here)

Anyone running in the new kinvaras? Or pure flows? I'd like to add another shoe to my rotation and I can't decide which of them I want to keep.

I really like the Mirage 4s. A bit cushier version of the Kinvara, it seems.

Seriously. Duke Blue, black/red, and Black were the best colors you could come up with?

Saucony is usually so much better with their day glo colors. Really, all running shoes should be obnoxiously bright IMHO.

Saucony is usually so much better with their day glo colors. Really, all running shoes should be obnoxiously bright IMHO.

Well of course. It helps cars see you.

Just like the real reason for loud motorcycle exhaust is safety...

Was always a fan of the white/orange pure flow 1s.

I wear the Cadences because I'm a fattie, and I like these 3's ok.

PureCadence3M1.jpg

These 2s were better.

Brooks-Pure-Cadence-2-Medial-Side.jpg

hell yes to this. my favorite shoes of all were my very first brooks pure connects; they're NEON. love them. my newtons now are super atrociously bright and colorful, people always comment.
i only feel that way about running gear, though. i like my triathlon stuff to be pretty murdered out.

hell yes to this. my favorite shoes of all were my very first brooks pure connects; they're NEON. love them. my newtons now are super atrociously bright and colorful, people always comment.
i only feel that way about running gear, though. i like my triathlon stuff to be pretty murdered out.

I love bright clothes, but I usually wear dark singlets for races because my nips are going to get roached.

yeah, i've got my team kit for races... but my bike is a sweet matte black.

Has anyone dealt with pretty intense pain on the top of their foot? It's the tendon that runs from my big toe to my ankle. Flexing my toe up hurts like hell, and it's really difficult, almost like my toe is tired/weak. When I'm actually running it's not a problem, it's pretty much just immediately afterwards. After a couple days of not running it's then fine. I've tried switching out shoes, I'm only wearing flats to work (no heels)... and I can't figure out what the deal is.

Has anyone dealt with pretty intense pain on the top of their foot? It's the tendon that runs from my big toe to my ankle. Flexing my toe up hurts like hell, and it's really difficult, almost like my toe is tired/weak. When I'm actually running it's not a problem, it's pretty much just immediately afterwards. After a couple days of not running it's then fine. I've tried switching out shoes, I'm only wearing flats to work (no heels)... and I can't figure out what the deal is.

I got this same problem during marathon training. Trying a different style of lacing. I used the one on this page for a shoe that's too tight. It definitely helped.

http://katierunsthis.com/2011/10/04/running-shoe-lacing-techniques/

Perfect! thank you! Not sure why I didn't think of this, since I'm always wanting to adjust the laces. Hopefully one of these helps...

There are some other site out there with other potential laces.

For me, solved with elastic laces.

Got a sports medicine appt in 2 weeks for my knee. Not sure how I feel about it.

nooooooope, never been there.
there are so many places in oregon i've never been. i want to stay here forever. #realtalk

Apparently Rupp set a new American record in the 10k yesterday at 26:44. Dumb.

Back