• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Ongoing WF Sports Misery Name Association Thread

We let a Tarhole poster start a thread baiting us into being even more miserable than before.

Just think of it as the emotional coroner's interim report. I actually called my father to check on his well being after this one.

Robert Brown hit one at the buzzer in Blacksburg to deny [name redacted] his first ACC road win. He [redacted] actually had an emotional reaction.
We need a list of good wake things.

The come back at Kennan and against md.

The shot. Didn't ish have a buzzer beater against tx and two against va tech ?

The blown 22 point second half lead in Chapel Hill in the early 90's was my worst deacon defeat until yesterday! Donald Williams beat us at home maybe two years later as well and I don't think anyone's mentioned the Cleveland St. Debacle

I'll one-up that one with 2001 Butler. 43-10 at the half.. NCAA... I know great things happened after that (CP3, etc.) but in many ways that feels like the game that set us on our current course...

This one ranks at the top for me, you had:

- a chance for signature win that would have gone a long way in March
- a chance to really put Duke in a tough position with a 6th loss before February
- losing to fucking Grayson Allen and his antics
- losing to Harry Giles who then taunts you at the end of the game
- losing a game where Duke was in foul trouble the whole time, you had one guy who was beating you and you didn't change up your defense
- continued misery in the closing minutes

Absolutely awful and I'm still furious

Threads like this are not constructive for the rebuilding of our programs.

This one ranks at the top for me, you had:

- a chance for signature win that would have gone a long way in March
- a chance to really put Duke in a tough position with a 6th loss before February
- losing to fucking Grayson Allen and his antics
- losing to Harry Giles who then taunts you at the end of the game
- losing a game where Duke was in foul trouble the whole time, you had one guy who was beating you and you didn't change up your defense
- continued misery in the closing minutes

Absolutely awful and I'm still furious

Don't worry, we'll get payback at Cameron Indoor.... oh, wait!

The Brenda Haywood easy layup he fished out from between Songaila's legs. 2001, giving us first loss of the season.

The "Five Second" violation against UNC at home in '95.

Just had a colleague come up to me with a big grin and ask "did that loss hurt worst than the Virginia game last year" ? ! ? !

Typical Carolina fan that doesn't understand the hardships of being a Wake fan.

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but the Dawson injury in 2002 sucked. We could have made a sneaky run to the E8 that year

The Brenda Haywood easy layup he fished out from between Songaila's legs. 2001, giving us first loss of the season.

Known as the "Boom!" game to those of us who were there.

Greg Oden
Mike Conley
Dequan Cook

What could have been if Thad Motta didn't isolate Cook and trick him into committing because of his sick grandmother.

Is this a basketball only thread?

Gaines Adams (RIP) blocking our FG and taking it to the house. Would've been 20-3 to start the 4th, instead its 17-10 and we end up losing 27-17 to 13th ranked Clemson.

Now, I was at that game. Clem's son wore their purple pants. :sick:

Last edited:
Back