• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Onion's 9/11 Issue

TexasDeac10

Alphonso Smith
Reaction score
I don't know which forum, exactly, this thread should be posted in but I'm posting it here since I don't really see this as political and I'd rather spare it the lunacy that the Tunnels dictate.

The ways in which people cope after disasters are so varied and personal, and it's fascinating to read back over this Onion issue from 9/26/01. This floated across my twitter feed earlier, posted by a New Yorker who said this issue was when he truly started to cope. I suppose humor, done correctly, will always heal.

http://www.theonion.com/issue/3734/

thanks for posting that. There are some really interesting takes on what happened in those articles

Some of that is, actually, very funny. The TV listings were my favorite.

I do wonder how difficult it was for the writers at the Onion to do their jobs and write satire at that time.

That was probably one of their best issues ever. The humor was perfectly balanced with the circumstance and funny as hell. The Dinty Moore and Bush Apologizes to Son pieces are hilarious.

The Daily Show and Letterman were also big in the sense of helping people cope through humor.

Back