• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Pit Politics Thread

lack of PBR as the clear democratic choice: graph fail.

Watching NewsHour. First of all: big Judy Woodruff fan. Married to a Deac too.

I don't have cable, so PBS is all I got on this sort of stuff. Whatever you say about the direction in which public television leans on political spectrum (and sometimes NewsHour the slant is more noticeable than others, though everyone is at least chill.), most of the time they just have their shit in line. Like, first twenty minutes today they have dealt with three different substantive topics (haven't even TOUCHED the election); spoken frankly but calmly on all of them; had at least a person on site or two "experts" speaking on the subject...it's good shit.

ETA - Public television is just good as shit in general, why does anyone want to cut stuff like this, public radio, grants for arts and research reasons? This is good shit for everybody.

Last edited:
Watching NewsHour. First of all: big Judy Woodruff fan. Married to a Deac too.

I don't have cable, so PBS is all I got on this sort of stuff. Whatever you say about the direction in which public television leans on political spectrum (and sometimes NewsHour the slant is more noticeable than others, though everyone is at least chill.), most of the time they just have their shit in line. Like, first twenty minutes today they have dealt with three different substantive topics (haven't even TOUCHED the election); spoken frankly but calmly on all of them; had at least a person on site or two "experts" speaking on the subject...it's good shit.

ETA - Public television is just good as shit in general, why does anyone want to cut stuff like this, public radio, grants for arts and research reasons? This is good shit for everybody.

pns news pawns all other news. quality content over quality production value.

I guess that proves it. The only beer I drink (which is very rare) is Sam Adams. I must be a "high turnout Republican".

lololol, way to go to the opposite ends of the spectrum scott:

"My heart and soul would really love someone like Reagan or FDR to come back and give us a New Deal," Stapp continued

Back