• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The profit says 1-11

Interesting comments in today's presser. It could always just be coach speak, but Clawson made it pretty clear we will tweak a few things but will not overhaul the offense after 1 game. Couldn't help but think of Miami 08 and then the option disaster last season. One thing is for sure, this staff will not cut any corners in building this program.

Overhaul it to what? What are you expecting, a Lobo-esque complete retooling of our basic offense? There's a big difference between players not being able to play basic football and using a scheme/multiple schemes that do not suit the personnel. Clawson's offensive package was very basic and the team couldn't execute it at a basic level. Clawson has nowhere to go at least until we demonstrate an ability to block people. That's hardly Grobe of Miami '08.

Find out what your OL personnel does well, and DO THAT!

Which is the issue.. It appears we do little to nothing well

He may be right. I am not convinced that we will beat Gardner-Webb.

With that said, Clawson will have things headed in the right direction in a few years. Enjoy the cheap tickets until then.

It's not like we lost to Temple at home by 30. We will beat up G-W before we beat them. We lost the second half last week. Our defense gave up the lead on their 85th play on the field. We had the ball for 9 minutes in the 2nd half.If G-W gets 85 plays and has over 20 minutes of possesion in the 2nd half, we will be in trouble, but I don't see that happening.

i don't see GW beating Wake. now i don't see Wake winning another game after GW (with the possible exception of Army) but that's a conversation for another day.

Defense is #39 in nation in yards allowed despite no depth and very little rest provided by the offense staying on the field. Those guys are warriors and kept us competitive at FSU( one half ),at Utah St,at Louisville and at home against BC and Clemson. With any offense at all we could have won 6 or 7 games this year.

Defense is #39 in nation in yards allowed despite no depth and very little rest provided by the offense staying on the field. Those guys are warriors and kept us competitive at FSU( one half ),at Utah St,at Louisville and at home against BC and Clemson. With any offense at all we could have won 6 or 7 games this year.

So much this.

Back