• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The proof of voter suppression by using voter id

No, many people stayed home, who wanted to vote because of it. There's no evidence of even minute voter impersonation.

With over 115,000,000 votes cast, it is impossible to believe that people wouldn't report that someone had voted in their name.

We know millions don't have ID. We also know we didn't have people charged for the crime.

There's only one reason to require the ID- to suppress the vote.

groundhog_day.jpg

I'm pretty sure if someone were denied entrance into a court house there might be some sort of due process concern (if they were going on their own behalf obviously, not just going to visit or whatever).

I think it's just blatantly obvious that you should have to have an ID to vote, it's just a question of ensuring that it takes place far enough in the future so that everybody who wants an ID can get one before the election.

People who have died don't come to the polls later to vote. People who have moved don't come to the polls later to vote. Frankly I know I have no idea how often this happens .... and neither do you.

This is a silly argument. Instead of trying to streamline the process of removing dead people from voting rolls, we'll require everyone to have a photo ID.

This is a silly argument. Instead of trying to streamline the process of removing dead people from voting rolls, we'll require everyone to have a photo ID.

If you're dead and trying to vote, I think you should have to show an i.d. too. It's only fair.

Seems to me that voter ID makes sense. But if there is no problem with voter fraud then why try to fix what ain't broken.

Last election I was asked my birthday. The votor rolls are organized that way I think. Poll workers knew me and probably every voter = small town afvantage.

Last edited:
Please your false God of organization and rules Wake Forest students. You will do well in life. OBEY. Fix a problem that has been proven not to exist. Marvel at the beauty of your foolproof system shown to fix no problems and reduces democratic participation in our 'democratic' society. Those discouraged by arbitrary systems created by the majority are our lessers and not worthy of our thoughts and institutions. They get what they deserve.

Please your false God of organization and rules Wake Forest students. You will do well in life. OBEY. Fix a problem that has been proven not to exist. Marvel at the beauty of your foolproof system shown to fix no problems and reduces democratic participation in our 'democratic' society. Those discouraged by arbitrary systems created by the majority are our lessers and not worthy of our thoughts and institutions. They get what they deserve.

Koobs? Is that you?

Of course RJ always seems to skip over the Dem poll worker in OH who voted 8 times and still thinks she didn't do anything wrong. I am sure that is the only time that happened. They need to end early voting, absentee ballots and require a photo id. Everyone has a right to vote. If it is important to you then do what is required to cast your vote. If not, then tough luck. I don't think showing your id is very intimidating to a person. Unless of course you have something to hide. Now a Black Panther member holding a club outside a voting place seems to be perfectly acceptable. Nothing intimidating there.
panthers1.jpg

Last edited:
Of course RJ always seems to skip over the Dem poll worker in OH who voted 8 times and still thinks she didn't do anything wrong. I am sure that is the only time that happened. They need to end early voting, absentee ballots and require a photo id. Everyone has a right to vote. If it is important to you then do what is required to cast your vote. If not, then tough luck. I don't think showing your id is very intimidating to a person. Unless of course you have something to hide. Now a Black Panther member holding a club outside a voting place seems to be perfectly acceptable. Nothing intimidating there.
panthers1.jpg

Nice deflection. You might not find something intimidating that other people would find very intimidating.

Are you suggesting that people shouldn't be required to show an ID at the polls because it's "intimidating"?

No because the is no proof of voter impersonation happening versus there being scientific proof that millions of Americans would be disenfranchised from these laws.

This is like putting up a 24/7/365 DUI checkpoint on road that has five people using it each week just in case one of them drinks and drives.

No because the is no proof of voter impersonation happening versus there being scientific proof that millions of Americans would be disenfranchised from these laws.

This is like putting up a 24/7/365 DUI checkpoint on road that has five people using it each week just in case one of them drinks and drives.

Maybe I should phrase the question differently--Are you suggesting that people shouldn't be required to show an ID at the polls because it's "intimidating"?

Back