• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The stupidity never ceases to amaze me

speaking of stupidity...

J.P. Mundy @JP_Mundy
There’s an ‘I’ in ‘Quit’- and also ‘[Redacted]’

James Blackburn @jamesjunior21
@JP_Mundy I have to respectively disagree- I think it would be foolish for Wake to get rid of [Redacted]- he knows the game and knows it well

According to his Twatter profile, Mr. Blackburn is Director of Scouting for Basketball Elite. How can somebody like that not recognize that Buzz needs to go?

What is Basketball Elite?

speaking of stupidity...

J.P. Mundy @JP_Mundy
There’s an ‘I’ in ‘Quit’- and also ‘[Redacted]’

James Blackburn @jamesjunior21
@JP_Mundy I have to respectively disagree- I think it would be foolish for Wake to get rid of [Redacted]- he knows the game and knows it well

According to his Twatter profile, Mr. Blackburn is Director of Scouting for Basketball Elite. How can somebody like that not recognize that Buzz needs to go?
He also cites an increase in wins throughout Buzz's tenure. What an absolute moron.

Nah, it wasn't me...but I agree with him. (As do a hell of a lot of other Wake Forest graduates....if you don't understand that by now.) If Dino had not recruited a bunch of players who totally embarrassed the university & the BOT and created the (accurate, in my opinion) impression that the players were free to do anything they wished with no institutional control, [Redacted] would never have been here in the first place. Hiring [Redacted] was a mistake...but Wellman's biggest mistake in all of this was not making it clear after Skip's death that Dino was only a temporary fill-in for one season.

I'm more embarrassed by Devin Thomas than I was with any of the on-court antics of players during the Gaudio or early-[Redacted] years.

I'm more embarrassed by Devin Thomas than I was with any of the on-court antics of players during the Gaudio or early-[Redacted] years.

And he hasn't been devoid of off-court issues either.
But of course those weren't publicized... because all of Bz's kids are choirboys. Right Ron?

James Blackburn ‏@jamesjunior21 1h
@JP_Mundy we will agree to disagree- Wake has to stop listening to its donors

This is wrong on so many levels (not only is WF not listening to most of the donors, but regardless, if a school ever did completely tune out the donors they would not have any donors before too long). He also firmly believes that getting rid of [Redacted] won't fix any of the issues at Wake, ignoring the fact that [Redacted] is the biggest issue.

Last edited:
And he hasn't been devoid of off-court issues either.
But of course those weren't publicized... because all of Bz's kids are choirboys. Right Ron?
Was it Devin that "got injured" during the Canada trip or someone else?

Bob, Wellman gave Dino an extension only six months before firing him. Incidents by Dino's recruits primarily happened after Dino was fired. Your position is chronologically inaccurate and makes no sense.

Bob, Wellman gave Dino an extension only six months before firing him. Incidents by Dino's recruits primarily happened after Dino was fired. Your position is chronologically inaccurate and makes no sense.

Bob doesn't let facts get in the way, you know that Ph.

Nah, it wasn't me...but I agree with him. (As do a hell of a lot of other Wake Forest graduates....if you don't understand that by now.) If Dino had not recruited a bunch of players who totally embarrassed the university & the BOT and created the (accurate, in my opinion) impression that the players were free to do anything they wished with no institutional control, [Redacted] would never have been here in the first place. Hiring [Redacted] was a mistake...but Wellman's biggest mistake in all of this was not making it clear after Skip's death that Dino was only a temporary fill-in for one season.

How did the players recruited by Dino embarrass the university anymore than players recruited by any other WFU coaches?

Yes let's ask BKF to rehash his opinion for us one more time. We don't all quite have the whole speech committed to memory quite yet.

LOL. On-court antics weren't the problem. Nice attempt at a meaningless diversion, though.

I'm not embarrassed by his off court antics because I don't have the moral compass of Archie Bunker. The University covering up Devin's illicit drug use should actually be disturbing to you.

That's a stupid damned question that doesn't even deserve an answer.

Yeah, it does. 99% of the incidents happened under Jeff [Redacted]'s expert leadership. And please stick to the facts this time.

I love the old fucks on here talking about what use to be. Really hope we keeping recruiting the caliber of lovable losers that is the history of Wake athletics.

Congrats on never winning anything you old fucks.

I understand that....and that is as good of a justification for wanting to remove Wellman as one can make. However, it does nothing to justify the calibre of the character of recruits whom Dino was bringing to the program. And those recruits are at the root of the entire problem today. And that isn't just my opinion. It is, evidently, the opinion of many people with far more influence within the university than anyone on these boards. And I think there is a direct correlation between these kinds of problems and building a program around the recruitment of 2-year players. (I think that is also the opinion of those people who will ultimately be responsible for making decisions regarding athletics at Wake Forest University. And as I have said, these people are concerned about more important things than the basketball team's won-loss record....and rightly so, in my opinion.)

How many 2-year players did Dino recruit?

This has nothing to do with [Redacted]. Dino brought those guys to Wake Forest. You can rightly fault Wellman & [Redacted] for keeping them there, but the fact is that those players were there because of Dino. If Wellman had replaced Dino after the 2007-08 season, we woudn't be in this mess now....and [Redacted] would never have been the coach at Wake Forest in the first place.

You realize that [Redacted] re-recruited Dino's classes of 2010 and 2011, right?

Buzz brought Travis McKie, Melvin Tabb, JT Terrell, Carson Desrosiers, and Tony Chennault to Wake.

Buzz kept Ty Walker despite his complicity in Tabb's crime, his academic troubles, and his attitude problems.

Buzz did not kick Tony Woods off of the team despite charges of misdemeanor assault; Tony left on his own after being invited back to the team.

Buzz did not kick Ari off of the team; Ari was suspended and transferred.

The allegations against Gary Clark were false.

Your turn.

Back