• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Walking Dead SEASON FIVE THREAD! Good news: Show's back Bad news: So is Hardwick

Actually a pretty strong episode tonight. Loved how they worked in the classic "WE are the walking dead" line from the comics.

Actually a pretty strong episode tonight. Loved how they worked in the classic "WE are the walking dead" line from the comics.

I've been waiting on that for a while now. Also loved that Daryl wasn't buying it.

I thought the scene where they all push against the barn door was especially good. Symbolic, but not over the top.

Ugh I hated that episode. Felt forced, they are so ham-handed w/ this symbolic stuff. Looks like my creative writing essays from 7th grade.

A-aron is dressed exactly the same as the comic. Wonder if the show is gonna start really following what the graphic novel looks like and does...

Ugh I hated that episode. Felt forced, they are so ham-handed w/ this symbolic stuff. Looks like my creative writing essays from 7th grade.

I think I agree with both of these posts. Some strong performances and visuals with shitty dialogue.

Its growing on me so I'm prob more in your boat 07.

Lots of warning signs about what's ahead...I mean what was w/ the girl who was bound and left in a trunk? How about the torsos? Also consider the human violence seen in Noah's house.

Yikes.

Given how closely they're following the comics, I'm expecting a complete tonal shift....next season.

Given how closely they're following the comics, I'm expecting a complete tonal shift....next season.

Its definitely needed. Esp since they skipped the opportunity to show them "on the road" during the ZA. Which would have been really cool. Shame.

Its definitely needed. Esp since they skipped the opportunity to show them "on the road" during the ZA. Which would have been really cool. Shame.

Yeah, given the pacing, I was somewhat surprised they got to Virginia so quickly...besides, we need to see what post-apocalytpic NC looks like.

Timing has been hard to reconcile for me. I know the group has had extended stays since they left Atlanta, but it seems to take some amount of time to get from Atlanta to various points around GA, then all of a sudden BOOM, they're back in ATL and equally BOOM like, they're in NOVA. Maybe I've missed some throw-away lines like "well we've sure been lucky to have been on the road all these weeks with no losses".

Timing has been hard to reconcile for me. I know the group has had extended stays since they left Atlanta, but it seems to take some amount of time to get from Atlanta to various points around GA, then all of a sudden BOOM, they're back in ATL and equally BOOM like, they're in NOVA. Maybe I've missed some throw-away lines like "well we've sure been lucky to have been on the road all these weeks with no losses".

I'd have to go back and re-watch it, but I swear I remember someone said they had been traveling for something like 3 weeks during last weeks episode.

amazing that they spent that interminable season 2 on hershel's farm but skipped over hundreds of miles of road tripping through the zombie apocalypse.

Yeah, given the pacing, I was somewhat surprised they got to Virginia so quickly...besides, we need to see what post-apocalytpic NC looks like.

just visit Fayetteville sometime

amazing that they spent that interminable season 2 on hershel's farm but skipped over hundreds of miles of road tripping through the zombie apocalypse.

Esp when they are clearly still filming in the Georgia woods...USE THEM. To me the most compelling part of the show was dealing w/ the trailing walkers by pushing them down hills. UGH. Frustrating.

I'd have to go back and re-watch it, but I swear I remember someone said they had been traveling for something like 3 weeks during last weeks episode.

yeah, they mentioned it a couple of times last episode - they had cars and had gone hundreds of miles - seemingly on the road in cars without incident.

yeah, they mentioned it a couple of times last episode - they had cars and had gone hundreds of miles - seemingly on the road in cars without incident.

Perhaps they found a Prius with a Memphis Grizzlies bumper sticker.

Back