• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

The Walking Dead SEASON FIVE THREAD! Good news: Show's back Bad news: So is Hardwick

exhibit a: not one comment about it until 10:11 AM the next day.

compared to other episodes of the walking dead that attempt to flesh out a character they did a good job showing morgan's change from lunatic to where he is now. walking dead has never been particularly good at character development so i am only comparing it within itself and not to other tv.

however, how in the world do you put this episode immediately following the episode that glenn is killled off... but is he? they did not put him on talking dead apparently which they have done for every other dead character i think. (i don't really watch more than a few minutes of those if that). so he may be dead but maybe not.

really bad choice to not follow up the previous episode.

I also like how the vegetarian ninja dude that was into working out on his stick moves all the time was still a fat fuck like myself. Good actor. Horrible casting.

They were going with the giant teddy bear angle.

and not one comment about sunday's episode. what a bunch of missed this entire season happened in a few hours of "show time" and they have no idea what happened to glenn but everyone just decided he's dead. the only reason they do that is if they are bringing him back. what a terrible decision this has been.

"mr.rick i thought about what you said and i agree. would you teach me how to fight? i really need to -cough-kick carl's ass-cough-"
"what was that?"
"i'm sorry i was saying i needed to -cough-shootyouforkillingmydadafewdaysago-cough-"
"did not catch that son. repeat?"
"i said -cough- you're banging my mom and your son stole my girlfriend so i need to get my revenge against your family-cough- ... uh kill zombies..."
"perfect. what could go wrong? i love it when a plan comes together."

and not one comment about sunday's episode. what a bunch of missed this entire season happened in a few hours of "show time" and they have no idea what happened to glenn but everyone just decided he's dead. the only reason they do that is if they are bringing him back. what a terrible decision this has been.

"mr.rick i thought about what you said and i agree. would you teach me how to fight? i really need to -cough-kick carl's ass-cough-"
"what was that?"
"i'm sorry i was saying i needed to -cough-shootyouforkillingmydadafewdaysago-cough-"
"did not catch that son. repeat?"
"i said -cough- you're banging my mom and your son stole my girlfriend so i need to get my revenge against your family-cough- ... uh kill zombies..."
"perfect. what could go wrong? i love it when a plan comes together."

This was after he gave a big speech about everyone staying quiet and not attracting the zombies. Then he hands the kid a god damn magnum to fire off a few practice rounds from the wall.

I was just coming here to post that. Great choice. Curious to see how Negan will work on basic cable.

According to THR, Morgan's hiring came after "an extensive casting search" with the Watchmen actor beating out Timothy Olyphant, Matt Dillon and Garret Dillahunt for the role.

Damn, I would prefer Olyphant or Dillahunt but still a good choice.

This was after he gave a big speech about everyone staying quiet and not attracting the zombies. Then he hands the kid a god damn magnum to fire off a few practice rounds from the wall.

He emptied the gun before he gave it to him. I think it was so he could feel what it was like holding it and pulling the trigger.

this show sucks again and nobody here even cares to talk about it anymore

I thought the Sunday episode was decent. But there's no way I'm dumping Rosita for Sasha.

just gonna point out again how terrible the idea of moving the zombie horde was. the creators confirmed that you can just burn up zombies with fuel and it will attract more zombies and kill them off too. just a terrible plan. why does everyone blindly follow rick again?

not when they could have dumped fuel into the big quarry and stood at each exit, maybe on top of their rv, to kill the few that got out.

Finding that much fuel would be both problematic and hugely wasteful. Plus the horde would have escaped just like it did anyway. The plan was based on the knowledge that they were bound to escape any day and it was dumb luck that they'd been stuck that long.

Finding that much fuel would be both problematic and hugely wasteful. Plus the horde would have escaped just like it did anyway. The plan was based on the knowledge that they were bound to escape any day and it was dumb luck that they'd been stuck that long.

you say they horde would have escaped anyway but the show just showed a few people burned thousands in the woods. the fire drew the zombies to it because of the light and noise from burning "dying" zombies. zombies are not going to run away from danger like people. they are drawn by light/noise etc.

the fuel is a potential issue but i don't think they would need as much as you might think. being neither an engineer nor an expert on fires i would think you could pull a big truck full of cut wood to the edge. molotov cocktail type bombs. maybe a homemade flame thrower. use a bunch of fuel to get it started and start throwing wood in. fill up giant tires with flammable stuff and roll them into the quarry.

it's a no worse of a plan than the dumb one the entire season is based on. of course it's a fantasy world i'm "arguing" about so who knows.

Why is leading them away from their camp a dumb plan? If you accept they are going to escape eventually, which ended up being true, you have to either kill them all or move them.

Orchestrating a giant bonfire of thousands doesn't seem inherently any easier than leading them away via coordinated distractions. And my point of them escaping was that the timing was uncertain. The lead-them-away plan essentially worked before they were fully ready. If they didn't have the huge fuel dump and fire ready the escape would have been disastrous.

And when did they show "thousands" of burned zombies? The woods scenes didn't look anywhere near that scope but maybe I missed something.

thousands came from the guy answering darryl's question "how many zombies have you killed?" he said thousands. i assumed it was not one at a time.

agree that time ended up being critical since they broke through. i only watched it once but they broke through when the far end of the quarry collapsed. could not tell if the zombies could then just walk out or they would have had to climb the collapsed wall to get around the bus. at any rate it fell because the creators needed it to move the entire season along.

my problem with the "lead them away plan" was they were susceptible to other distractions (like the horn). lots of moving pieces. the bonfire would have moving pieces. building that long wall took at least enough time to pull together enough flammable material. both plans needed a back up which did not happen. thanks rick.

simply moving them means they are a problem for a later date (some return eventually or still fighting them as you go further and further from home to scavenge) OR you are dropping them on someone else's doorstep and potentially killing more humans. it's kind of an a hole thing to do.

mostly i am hate watching some of this season since they pretended to kill glenn.

Back