• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Thread for Actual Actions Taken By Trump - Not All The Stupid Bullshit He Says

Yep, global gag rule is a disaster, but likely you won't hear much about it because Africa is far away and dirty and stuff.

So besides the fact that federal hiring freezes are bad ideas for multiple reasons it's going to be kind of tough to increase that border security with less people, unless we are using the military.

When you have a couple million people working for the government, you have to expect at least a 10% turnover rate. That's probably 250,000 people over the next year who can't be replaced. Yep, that makes sense.

When you have a couple million people working for the government, you have to expect at least a 10% turnover rate. That's probably 250,000 people over the next year who can't be replaced. Yep, that makes sense.

...and there are already lots of vacancies.

The best is that it's already hard to retain and keep essential people in positions that the private sector pays way more, health being an important one and IT another. Right now there are more people over the age of 60 than under the age of 30 in IT positions within the federal government. Seems pretty problematic for the year 2017.

Trunp's EO on ACA can actually bring it down without it being repealed or replaced. If enough companies follow his lead, ACA could be dead very soon. Of course, it will mean millions without any insurance and the insurance companies 1000% in charge of everything again.

His CIA speech, like others, included Trump saying "to the victors go the spoils" When you add that to his concept that POTUS cannot commit a conflict of interest and dictators in banana republics and Nigerian princes will look like bastions of integrity as compared to this Administration. Hell, if they follow his statement, Boss Tweed may look like he had a sidewalk lemonade stand.

The fed will just hire contractors to do the work so they will spend just as much money, but they won't have full time employees on the payroll so instead of paying for benefits to full time employees, they will just be hiring temps who receive no benefits, and what money would have gone for benefits will be paid to the contract companies.

even i think you're taking a weirdly hard stance on this one

i believe the proper parlance is "take the L"

no i mean the "it's a reduction" vs. "it's not a reduction" argument

i think it's a shit thing for trump to do, irregardless (zing)

I don't know why people thought there was going to be some magical trump pivot from campaign bullshit to governing. So far it's one to one and nothing has changed from the campaign trail. I mean the damn EPA has an order to suspend all grants while it awaits further orders which looks to include an 800 million slash to their budget, the USDA was issued an order to stop all outside communications, the CDC abruptly cancelled a climate change conference. So not only are we going to lose our status in the world simply in appearance but also no longer be leaders in science, especially climate change. Real people are going to indirectly die because of these type of actions, but mostly just poor people so fuck it right.

Trump to sign executive orders permitting Keystone and DAPL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I, for one, am relieved that big oil finally has a voice in our government. It has been ignored for far too long.

Shows that he's bought and paid for and an idiot. If Keystone was such a good idea, why did Canadian Provinces oppose having the pipeline go through their land? The US is taking all the risk and getting no benefits. A typical Trump deal.

Sets up for a potential nasty showdown at Standing Rock between protesters and a Donald-led National Guard effort to remove them. Not seeing that ending well at all.

I don't know why people thought there was going to be some magical trump pivot from campaign bullshit to governing.

I don't either but I was talking to Donald supporter over the weekend who I went to Wake and she said that she voted for him but has been disappointed over the last two months based on his transition as well as how he handled the first 24 hours of his presidency. I asked her why, since it was exactly what he said he was going to do and she didn't really have an answer other than she wanted a change from the establishment politics.

Back