• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Tickets to Duke game

According to the official website it's Wake playing BC Wednesday:

Wake Forest vs. Boston College
Wednesday, Mar. 5 • 7:00 p.m. ET
ESPN2 • Listen • GameTracker

I want to go, but i'm unwilling to pay.

No extras, but I am going. Looking at historical failure not to be topped any time soon.

I can't make the game due to some work issues that came up. I had planned to -the price on the tickets - $70.00. I was not intending on paying face value...but the AD expects that I would. If I went with my family it would be $280.00 (prior to parking) for a disappointing Wednesday night. I may soon be actively discouraging my childrens' desire to attend the university.

Bz's last home game, will be an event to tell your grandchildren about!

I hope you're right, but i don't feel like paying to witness a complete massacre. It won't be entertaining as a basketball game, i'll just be rooting for incidents and buzzout chants

I don't know why anyone would consider going to WF at today's prices.

(I realize that it was a long time ago, but my entire four years combined....including everything....room, board, books, tuition....cost only a little more than $9,000. Inflation hasn't gone up that much over the same period of time. If you use a dollar inflation factor of 5 or 6, which would be about right, the total cost for four years would now be between $45,000 & $54,000.....or somewhere between $11K & $13K per year, instead of $55K to $60K per year. At those prices, you've got to be pricing economic diversity out of WF. I'm a perfect example. My dad never made more than $10K/year. My mom was a stay-at-home mom. Yet I was able to go to WF. Furthermore, I had a summertime job, but didn't have to work during the school year....and graduated with zero student debt. Using an inflation factor of 5 or 6, my dad would be making $50K to $60K per year now. Do you think I would be going to WF in that kind of a situation...and graduating with zero student debt if I did?)

You and Virginia Foxx are definitely in agreement on this issue.

Back