• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Time Travelin' Nic Cage Mafia: CIVS WIN

You should probably catch up.

Lol

This is almost as good as when knight was wondering how the hell he got a chic investigation (after I was dead so they knew there was a "bus driver") and you said in chatzy "see, knight doesn't even suspect!"

I also enjoyed everyone trying to figure out the extra hit N1 when my role said I'm a vig.

I agree with Gouda. The result should say "your target was mafia/not mafia." Telling them otherwise discloses a game mechanic they wouldn't otherwise know.

yes, this is how the role works.

I agree with Gouda. The result should say "your target was mafia/not mafia." Telling them otherwise discloses a game mechanic they wouldn't otherwise know.

I disagree.

And even still, knight was confused about how he got to chic even after gouda's death/role reveal.

I do agree that if I were going to do things this way, I'd say "Your target was mafia/not mafia." I don't think there are any circumstances where a mod should lie to a player about what they did.

Logically, the way I think about it is that of course a watcher/tracker/cop would know who they were watching/tracking/investigating. If we take "bus driver" at face value regarding what it's doing, then there's no reason why you wouldn't tell the investigative role their actual investigation.

I also enjoyed everyone trying to figure out the extra hit N1 when my role said I'm a vig.

Yes, lol.

Though I don't think there was too big of an issue with dumbtells clearing people this game. Tejas maybe a little at the end I wasn't paying very close attention

I'd like to high-five all the night 1 hitters, that was some epic shit, like gang-banging knight's mom

you should just say "town" or "anti town" and nothing else in the response.

To pretend that there is a consensus or status quo on that rule is stupid, at any rate.

the consensus is gouda is 100% correct and you can read the mafiascum

you should just say "town" or "anti town" and nothing else in the response.

I think that would be more suspicious given it's me modding; I think the expectation based on previous games would be the way I've always done it when there are no bus drivers involved.

To pretend that there is a consensus or status quo on that rule is stupid, at any rate.

There is a consensus here.

And you originally claimed (lied) and said there was a consensus on the mafia board that you were doing it the right way. Lololol

I think a lot of it is discretionary anyway? It has to do with expectations around mod information/style. I wrote the role with the intention of a certain level of misinformation in mind. I think what gouda is arguing for would have been a step too far, based on my original intentions, in terms of being truthful with the players involved.

There is a consensus here.

And you originally claimed (lied) and said there was a consensus on the mafia board that you were doing it the right way. Lololol

The consensus here is sort of irrelevant? There are like 4 of you, and none of you have run a game where this interaction has occurred.

It's cool, though. I'll continue to handle this interaction the same way I did in this game, and the same way I always have in the past.

I think that would be more suspicious given it's me modding; I think the expectation based on previous games would be the way I've always done it when there are no bus drivers involved.

so change permanently going forward.

I think a lot of it is discretionary anyway? It has to do with expectations around mod information/style. I wrote the role with the intention of a certain level of misinformation in mind. I think what gouda is arguing for would have been a step too far, based on my original intentions, in terms of being truthful with the players involved.

If you say "I'm a dumb dumb baby and I make things up that never happened to try and make myself right when I'm obviously wrong" then I will let this go.

Otherwise this is going to be fun for awhile

Back