• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#timekeeperout

I thought you could not call TO after :04....at least I know that use to be the rule. Have they emended that?

Doesn't matter how much "real time" it was - it's based on the ref's count. Even TheReff would have to admit that, I'd imagine. You can clearly see the ref motioning the count in the replay.

I echo BacktoBack and would love to hear an explanation of that last "foul" call on CMM after TheReff told us that swallowing the whistles was the right thing to do down the stretch in Duke/BC on Sunday.

I'd imagine he'd argue semantics and say that "the stretch" only mean the last 10 seconds.

No question that the ref was at 4.5 seconds on his count when CJ asked for the time out. He counted off 4 then brought his arm back then called the violation.

The five second call was b.s. Sure it was more than five seconds. He still has to count it - and most inbounds get longer than 5 (especially when a home time keeper makes us inbounds it twice). The foul on the B.C. drive was awful, but if you want to give a team the win you call it. I had already told my son that B.C. would drive and there would be a foul call as always occurs against (but strangely never for) us.

We choked when Travis did not go up with authority on a layup and we missed a wide open three - but the refs - lead by a local guy - still screwed us.

No question that the ref was at 4.5 seconds on his count when CJ asked for the time out. He counted off 4 then brought his arm back then called the violation.

I do not believe there is any rule on the book that makes the ref's hand motion the official count. I guess they are trained to do but it is not a requirement. Also what difference does it make as CJ's not looking at the ref, he has to count in his head.

I just timed the call real time on DVR, and from the time CJ had the ball in his hands to when he called the timeout it was 6.3 seconds.

If we had actually called timeout in less than 5 seconds we have an argument with the call.

The bottom line is that while it may have been 6.3 seconds, the count is ALWAYS done by official's hand. Otherwise, they'd have a fucking stopwatch out there.

The bottom line is that while it may have been 6.3 seconds, the count is ALWAYS done by official's hand. Otherwise, they'd have a fucking stopwatch out there.

No, it's not. You're wrong. (as are a lot of people on this thread)

The ref could shove his arm up his ass and he can still count to five seconds. The arm thing is for show. Stop paying attention to it like a simpleton.

No, it's not. You're wrong. (as are a lot of people on this thread)

The ref could shove his arm up his ass and he can still count to five seconds. The arm thing is for show. Stop paying attention to it like a simpleton.

Lol. Once a douche, always a douche

It is what it is. The main thing I come away from that game with is the notion that, despite leading much of the game and having a fairly comfortable advantage coming into the last 2 minutes, the team crumbles and we lose. The game should not hinge on a bad call or two. Heck, had we gotten the ball in, who here has any confidence we would have done anything with it other than turn it over as we did every other possession in the last 2 minutes? We could have called another time out with a few seconds on the clock so bzz could design another of his worthless inbounds plays. Coach cannot lead this group to a road win. Period.

It is what it is. The main thing I come away from that game with is the notion that, despite leading much of the game and having a fairly comfortable advantage coming into the last 2 minutes, the team crumbles and we lose. The game should not hinge on a bad call or two. Heck, had we gotten the ball in, who here has any confidence we would have done anything with it other than turn it over as we did every other possession in the last 2 minutes? We could have called another time out with a few seconds on the clock so bzz could design another of his worthless inbounds plays. Coach cannot lead this group to a road win. Period.

We didn't lead most of the game. It seemed like a pretty even split on who led. But carry on.

Back