• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"to lure Shaka Smart away from VCU would be settling"

The fact that Ron Wellman is now desperate to hire a coach with all of two years head coaching experience and ZERO post-season wins just confirms what a ridiculously overpaid empty suit he is.

The fact that people close to him and Hatch bragged to a beat reporter that "Shaka would be 'settling' " just shows how utterly incompetent is the Athletic Department he is now running.

who in their right mind would say Shaka is "settling" that is fucking insane. Unproductive, stupid, insane, idiotic.

Shaka is the man and should be coach at Wake. He is a great fit and I want to know what the fucking issue is that kept him from coming to Wake

Anyone have solid information that Wellman is desperate? I don't.

The fact that Ron Wellman is now desperate to hire a coach with ZERO post-season wins AGAIN just confirms what a ridiculously overpaid empty suit he is.

Fixed.
Can someone just grill Wellman on Dino's ouster already? It's obvious to anyone paying a sliver of attention that the postseason line was total lying bullshit.

Fixed.
Can someone just grill Wellman on Dino's ouster already? It's obvious to anyone paying a sliver of attention that the postseason line was total lying bullshit.

That goes without saying. And the decision to fire Dino and hire Bz was only outdone by not making Dino an interim coach and hiring Marshall. History will judge that decision.

I find it far more likely that the "settling for Shaka" line was made after he turned us down, to try and re-frame fan's expectations of the new hire.

It obviously insults people's intelligence to say that it'd be "settling" to get Shaka, but in retrospect a lot of what Wellman has done over the past 4 years has insulted people's intelligence.

I find it far more likely that the "settling for Shaka" line was made after he turned us down, to try and re-frame fan's expectations of the new hire.

It obviously insults people's intelligence to say that it'd be "settling" to get Shaka, but in retrospect a lot of what Wellman has done over the past 4 years has insulted people's intelligence.

Wellman never said that.

Rumor I heard today is Shaka and the home run is LJMC improvements. Big $$ being committed.

Fixed.

Can someone grill Wellman on anything? The media has just sat back on their fat asses and let this happen.

It's almost as bad as the classless internet douches who attacked Shaka's wife for pages and pages. We really do have a group of posters who have proven to be Hall of Fame douches.

Right now I am jealous of Va Tech hoops....they nailed their coaching search. Shame we could not do the same.

If someone thinks that Wake would be "settling" with Shaka, I'd be curious to know who they think we should be getting. I'm guessing Zombie John Wooden.

Back