• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

tOSU Marching Band and its "sexualized culture" (NST)

smallbigtall

jon gruden's haircut
Reaction score
Sound familiar?

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/11708974/ohio-state-makes-policy-changes-marching-band

"State University told federal education officials Wednesday that the school ... has made other policy changes since discovering a 'sexualized culture' within the band and firing its director."

"The pact ended a federal inquiry into the school's handling of sexual abuse cases."

"Band members also are instructed under new guidelines ... not to socialize in other students' hotel rooms."

My dad was telling me about this a couple months ago when it was just campus gossip, and it sounded to me like a big ole band camp orgy.

"Band members also are instructed under new guidelines ... not to socialize in other students' hotel rooms."

That blows. Hotel room parties for away football games were so much fun back in the day. Get the stipend from WFU, eat off the dollar menu, buy booze with leftover $$.

That blows. Hotel room parties for away football games were so much fun back in the day. Get the stipend from WFU, eat off the dollar menu, buy booze with leftover $$.

just curious what your per diem was.

Also how much do the players get?

Last edited:
I'll be honest, its been so long I cant remember. It varied based upon where we were going and how many days we'd be there.

I'm not positive, but I thought the football players had all of their meals planned out and provided during their trips.

There is no per diem for the athletes because all of the meals are provided.

Nothing like getting my personal medium pepperoni pizza before getting on the bus to head to the airport.

There is no per diem for the athletes because all of the meals are provided.

Not always: we still got per diem when all of our meals were catered. I was under the impression that that was an NCAA mandate.

Football always seems to be the exception to standard NCAA procedures though.

Football gets 10-25 for a road trip. All the meals were covered though. Covered popcorn and soda at the movies though.

When I worked for the basketball team we wouldnt get per diem on trips, but would get roughly 50-75 a day during the winter break. Never really calculated it out per day since they would just give us an envelope for the week with a few hundred.

Back