• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2015/16 Premier League Thread (NWT)

that was a good read, thanks

slate could use some editors though, this is a bit tedious (and i love the metaphor):

That word “hopefully” has become a kind of verbal tic. Every sentence that includes “hopefully” admits the possibility of failure. Would the voice of Milton’s Satan have echoed through the ages if he’d exhorted his evil army with the cry: “What though the field be lost? All is hopefully not lost.”

Elaborating on the Premier League Thread Exclusive #scoop - apparently the first person we contacted was Brad Stevens. Yep, the same. Huge offer. He said no.

Shaka ain't coming. #Sources were very quiet and cryptic in what they said up until around noon today. Since then they have been totally fucking silent - so I'm not sure how far down the list we've had to fall.

I never get over how the British pronounce pasta.

Shane ESPN is going to completely ignore the WC when Fox gets it in 2018. When they pull out all the stops, they put together some really nice work.

Elaborating on the Premier League Thread Exclusive #scoop - apparently the first person we contacted was Brad Stevens. Yep, the same. Huge offer. He said no.

Shaka ain't coming. #Sources were very quiet and cryptic in what they said up until around noon today. Since then they have been totally fucking silent - so I'm not sure how far down the list we've had to fall.

Are we really not going back for Howland because his personality and Wellman's clashed? Fucking Wellman's ego...

This article is just about spot on in every way possible.

http://www.slate.com/articles/sport..._to_blame_for_the_club_s_collapse.single.html

I can't stand Mourinho, but the arguments for him in that piece really cannot be argued against.

I still want Klopp.

that was a good read, thanks

slate could use some editors though, this is a bit tedious (and i love the metaphor):

He just can't fucking help himself, can he?

“This performance is more what you would hope for from us and we’ll try and take that into the game next week."

“We’ll be there, we’ll go toe to toe with them and try and come out on top. It’s a tough game but our best football has come in this competition and we’ll try and show it next week."

Schedule and Aluminium are also on the list. How words that end in a apparently end in an r is beyond me.

Premier League Thread Exclusive #scoop: I'm confused as hell. Dude is telling me that Howland is "at the top of the list." He can't confirm if/how much contact has occurred. And I haven't read enough of the other threads to know why we seem to be in meltdown mode. Maybe I'm being fed BS.

Premier League Thread Exclusive #scoop: I'm confused as hell. Dude is telling me that Howland is "at the top of the list." He can't confirm if/how much contact has occurred. And I haven't read enough of the other threads to know why we seem to be in meltdown mode. Maybe I'm being fed BS.

It appears we're picking up Manning and flying him to WS, either to announce him or to allow him to visit. I'd prefer Howland though.

OK, thanks. Is this deduction based on flight tracking or is it coming from legit #sources?

Back