• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2017/18 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Arsene is going to talk himself into a month long touchline ban. The FA can't let him go on with this conspiracy stuff, can they?

It was a pretty obvious penalty. Hazard made a meal of it, but it was clearly a foul and clearly within the box. Not sure why this is even being debated.

GlossyPassionateFairyfly-max-14mb.gif
LOL

This isn't even a debate. Clear penalty.

It's infuriating for Arsenal fans because Hazard acts like he was tripped, which he was not, and of course because it was a critical call in an important game.

Still, while the contact was fairly minimal, and didn't cause Hazard to go down, it's easy to see why the penalty was given. You kick the foot of a player with the ball in the box, it's a penalty.

What a garbage game, a "Moyes Masterclass" if you will. WHU are such a shitty little club who basically only turn up for Spurs matches these day (though they basically didn't turn up today, just sat in their own box for 93 of the 94 minutes).

Bad 2 points to drop.

What a garbage game, a "Moyes Masterclass" if you will. WHU are such a shitty little club who basically only turn up for Spurs matches these day (though they basically didn't turn up today, just sat in their own box for 93 of the 94 minutes).

Bad 2 points to drop.

so salty

Pretty interesting read. You can download the entire report. For all his whining about City not playing "fair", Wenger can't deny the investment by ownership, the capacity for further investment and the lack of debt the club has on their books (15M).

Some of the debts of teams in this report are astounding. ManU 536M, Chelsea 400M, Barcelona 315M, Atletico 370M, Inter 306M, Valencia 290M.

A number of MLS teams come out pretty well in this too - no debt and sound business models.

https://www.soccerex.com/insight/articles/2017/manchester-city-pack-most-financial-punch-on-planet

I saw that list too. Some Chinese club is top 10. Arsenal 2nd. LA Galaxy 14th.

OK, then.

Lol at you spurs whiners. We do indeed show up for spurs games. Why don't y'all?

Lol at you spurs whiners. We do indeed show up for spurs games. Why don't y'all?

To be fair, you only showed up for one half of a match - the half which had your goal in it ^^

Go take some points off Chelsea or something, instead of rolling over to have your bellies scratched. It's gotten past the point of ridiculous now.

To be fair, you only showed up for one half of a match - the half which had your goal in it ^^

Go take some points off Chelsea or something, instead of rolling over to have your bellies scratched. It's gotten past the point of ridiculous now.

Didn’t they do exactly that like 2 weeks ago?

Oh, we already beat Chelsea. Drew Arsenal. And were level with City until stoppage time. We've performed pretty well against top sides this month.

Wenger fined £40,000 and gets a 3-match touchline suspension for fuck you refs.

I’m surprised everyone is saying that should have been red for Holgate. Clearly yellow but shoving someone shielding the ball happens all the time. Shoving someone into the boards/crowd isn’t a good look but yeah, not a red for me.

I’m surprised everyone is saying that should have been red for Holgate. Clearly yellow but shoving someone shielding the ball happens all the time. Shoving someone into the boards/crowd isn’t a good look but yeah, not a red for me.

Seemed like a yellow to me. Love Holgate but he's definitely the weak link being exploited by the Reds. He needs to chill out.

Back