• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2017/18 Premier League Thread (NWT)

Arsenal lost 4-2

Did refereeing decisions really cost them anything today?

Offsides on Lichaj's first goal, double hit on the second penalty, not a foul on the second penalty, no penalty call on shove on Welbz. Plus, both teams play very differently with a one goal cushion versus 2.

220 days to go ...

DS7oB0FXkAAZ_Ir.jpg

Offsides on Lichaj's first goal, double hit on the second penalty, not a foul on the second penalty, no penalty call on shove on Welbz. Plus, both teams play very differently with a one goal cushion versus 2.

LOL. What? Don't set up a wall and further than the line you're going to hold, and this won't be a problem. But alas, Arsenal.

What is the rule on the 2nd penalty kick? Is it really a rekick or free kick for Arsenal?

He slipped when kicking it with his left foot so it then hit his right foot and went in the net.

He slipped when kicking it with his left foot so it then hit his right foot and went in the net.

LOL for real? I gotta look this up.

But if one solid, fluid motion towards goal, completely legit. Only question would be is if there were two touches on the ball before it went into the net... like did the original intended foot touch the ball before the 2nd foot put it in the net? If so, should have been an Arsenal free kick from their 6 yard box from my understanding of the rules (last time I read them was 2016. so they may have changed)

Yes. Two touches. I thought it should be a free kick too.

Idk, dudes, looked pretty smooth to me. Definitely not as clear cut as Deacon here described it.

Idk, dudes, looked pretty smooth to me. Definitely not as clear cut as Deacon here described it.

Almost impossible to see the second touch. I think most people are relying on the fact that the trajectory of the ball changed.

Moses kicks the bottom of Maitland-Niles foot in the box - no penalty.

Last week - Bellerin kicks the bottom of Hazard's foot in the box - penalty.

Back