• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2019/2020 Premier League Thread (NWT)

No question. It’s hard to dislike a player who takes a paycut to play for his boyhood club in hopes of bettering them.

I just randomly watched the highlights of the West Ham v. Brighton match and that has to be one of the craziest games I’ve seen in years.

Jordan Pickford has been awful ever since criticizing Allison. LOL.

Jordan Pickford is shockingly bad. Giving up the rare Benteke goal is just further proof.

Jordan Pickford has been awful ever since criticizing Allison. LOL.

I’m sorry to say he’s been awful for a lot longer than that. He should be dropped, Stekelenberg has to be a better choice at this point. He conceded five goals from the last five shots on target before making a save today. I know he cost a lot but that’s really the story of a lot of dead weight at Everton. The fact that he’s been England’s #1 shouldn’t make a lick of difference.

Some encouraging things today, especially the front two.

Not sure why Holgate was dropped, he’s been the best man the past month. Came on and looked great in holding midfield too. Whether he plays there or in defense, he seems undroppable at the moment. Dropping Sigurdsson to the holding spot worked ok today (eat your heart out dv7) but the goals showed we don’t really need midfield to score from open play if we are direct. I’d still prefer we had some central midfielders who could control the center of the park against shit teams. We don’t really have any of those.

Encouraging run since Boxing Day but still a long way to go with this roster.

Gotta see if United will sell Dean Henderson. Of course Sheff United might be in Europe next year and may have the inside line.

But yeah, Short-arms Prickford (testing this one; it scans well) needs to go. Side volleys aren’t everything.

Dele in hot water for a Snapchat video he made that includes an Asian guy and references to coronavirus. Sounds like an extraordinarily dumb thing for him to do and like a fine and suspension will be levied. Hope he learns and improves.

How is Sheffield United in 5th place??? You look at their Roster and they don't have one bona fide star. Amazing year they are having.

Toss up at goalie
Liverpool’s defense but sub Stam for Gomez
ManU midfield
Mane and Salah flanking Yorke

Petey Schmiecs
TAA - Stam - VVD - Irwin
- Keita - Keane - Scholes -
Salah ---------------- Giggs
---------- Yorke -----------

Subs: Cole, Mane, Beckham, Firmino, Robertson, Ronny J, Allison

That team would wreck hopes and dreams

Think I'd go

Alisson; Trent A-A, Stam, Van Dijk, Robertson; Beckham, Wijnaldum, Keane, Giggs; Salah, Mane.

Maybe Yorke instead of Gini to get some more goals, though I think if you asked Gini to get goals, he'd get them, and if you ask him to be invisible and never touch the ball for 90 minutes but "block space" or "offer an option" or "cover fullbacks" or "use ass to bounce people off him and never lose the ball," he could do all those things. Alisson/Schmeichel is the tough one, but Alisson has been best in the world the last two seasons and is more complete; but it's a tossup.

blomqvist and Jordi make the bench for sentimental reasons.

Back