• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2022/23 Premier League Thread

Sounds like the Gana deal will happen today. That should be huge towards keeping Everton up. Lampard clearly doesn’t want Allan (who can’t stay healthy anyway), and Iwobi, who has been Everton’s best player this season, needs to be playing further up the field. Onana and Gana would be an excellent CM pairing for what Frank wants to do. McNeil needs some time on the bench to figure things out. He really needs a target man, and he hasn’t played with Rondon at all this year, so that’s part of the problem, but he’s just not hitting good crosses or corners yet to anyone. If Gordon is sticking around, he and Gray are much better wing options now anyway.

I wish Frank would try and switch up his system for different teams, but if he does want to be defensive and play route 1, the best XI is probably (given injuries):

Pick
Keane-Coady-Tarkowski
Patterson-Onana-Gana-Mykolenko
Iwobi-Gray
Rondon

At least here he has some options in the final third off the bench with Gordon, Maupay, McNeil.

When healthy, you take Keane and one of the other CBs, probably Coady, off for Mina and Holgate. DCL is an upgrade over Rondon as well. Townsend is more wing depth. I’d love to see Warrington push for a midfield spot as Gana ages out too.

Interesting links between Spurs and Yannick Carrasco, especially with Reguilon going the other way on a loan.

eta: nevermind

Last edited:
Ok, Gordon looks really good so far this season, maybe Everton should keep him after all.

That one seems pretty clear with the lines, no? There's an obvious gap between the attacker's shoulder (red) and defender's foot/knee (blue). I still don't like the system as they have never explained why they choose this frame vs. the next or previous frame. Seems arbitrary.

I am eager to see how the World Cup does with electronic offside calls. I'm really hoping it removes the controversy. Watching the US Open last night with line technology covering all in/out calls was great. No players getting upset with the officials/linesmen really made the matches more enjoyable.

Yea fine with that image but real time, the defender was standing on the field mowed line and Gray was two feet behind it, just feels really arbitrary.

Nathan Patterson looked really good today. Iwobi and Onana too. And a nice goal from Gordon, his first stretch of consecutive scoring games in his career.

Such a poorly officiated match all around. Ref lost the plot early and never recovered.

(Everton should have had 4 cards by halftime)

He wasn’t up to it at all. Some horrible missed calls each way. Nearly came to blows several times.

Such a poorly officiated match all around. Ref lost the plot early and never recovered.

(Everton should have had 4 cards by halftime)

So losing the plot has opened up a question for me.

How do they solve the officiating issue?

1. Regardless of who you support, I think we can all agree that an middle official is an extremely hard job. It doesn’t matter how long you have played the game or not. Are we expecting too much from an in game official?
2. Why not add two in Game Center’s? Other than it’s a pissing match at that point and adds to the confusion, it would seem to help.
3. VAR discussions have to be recorded and accessible?

Edit: questions.

Second edit: Tinfoil smoky room hat theories are duly noted.

Make VAR and the on field two different governing bodies rather than the same group of individuals for one. A lot of the rest is just human error and it’s a very difficult sport to call with so much ground to cover.

So losing the plot has opened up a question for me.

How do they solve the officiating issue?

1. Regardless of who you support, I think we can all agree that an middle official is an extremely hard job. It doesn’t matter how long you have played the game or not. Are we expecting too much from an in game official?
2. Why not add two in Game Center’s? Other than it’s a pissing match at that point and adds to the confusion, it would seem to help.
3. VAR discussions have to be recorded and accessible?

Automate offside and touchline calls (yes only certain leagues will be able to afford this, whatever). You could probably then get rid of linesman altogether and go two officials. Reviews are done by a third party who have 30 seconds to reach a unanimous decision while their deliberation is broadcast on TV and to the stadium. Refs are no longer getting the brunt of the vitriol and the third party can be audited as needed if they don't meet standards.

Everton tying to kill time against us is one thing. Wasting time against Leeds at the 20’?!?!?

TRASH.

Luls they had like 70 minutes of possession and couldn’t mount much of anything

Young Nate Patterson put Jack Harrison right in his pocket

Everton was really solid defensively but they sat back behind the ball like they were playing City. And the time wasting from the 20 minute mark was embarrassing.

Back