• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2023/24 Champions League (and other Euro comps) Thread. NWT.

ANOTHER BANGER

This time by Valverde. 3-3!

I never want these matches to end

that's either a yellow to Saka of simulation or the keeper fouled him for a penalty

VAR time? I think the ref missed it

its for the match going fan and not the TV companies, I believe

Last edited:
these teams play in different time zones

if it were really for the match going fan then the games would be staggered accordingly

Eh? It's basically just 2 time zones for the clubs that make it this far in the tournaments.

in the group stages, the teams in Eastern Europe do have earlier kickoffs for their home matches tho

1712760111866.png

that's fine, but it's not "for the match going fans" to stack the games at the same time -- if it were, there would be at least one instance of a non-stacked start time, but it never happens

there is some reason UEFA stacks them on top of each other and I have no idea what it is

that's fine, but it's not "for the match going fans" to stack the games at the same time -- if it were, there would be at least one instance of a non-stacked start time, but it never happens

there is some reason UEFA stacks them on top of each other and I have no idea what it is
history of collusion in world soccer which leads to it being done this way now? Not sure that actually makes sense…but only thing I could come up with

Nope. It’s to get the games I. prime time in the local participant markets. 8PM and 9PM are considered peak soccer watching times in England/Spain/Germany. The largest markets.

According to the interwebs

Olympiacos has a home match tomorrow in the Europa Conference League. That match kicks off at 1245 ET, I suspect because Greece is another hour ahead of Western Europe, so they aren't trying to kick off at 10pm local time, despite the "TV audience" in England/Spain/Germany/Italy

all Europa League matches kickoff at 3ET. Those venues are in Italy, Germany, Portugal, and England.

Dembele scores against Barca (of course) and it is 1-1 in Paris

Atleti up 2-0 on Dortmund and cruising in Madrid. Dortmund tho look to be a little more energized at the start of the 2nd half, but they were sleep walking that first half hour or so.

Vitinha now. 2-1 PSG!

5 minutes from the restart and the one goal deficit has been flipped!

Back