• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial 2023/24 Champions League (and other Euro comps) Thread. NWT.

I love the Europa. Obv would prefer Champs, but it’s fun, get to see different clubs/leagues. Just as long as you don’t have to go out to Kazan or anything.

I'll say it - Europa League group stage is a more entertaining product than Champions League, even if the talent levels aren't as high.
I appreciate how much weirder it can get than the UCL. Roma going to Moldova, Rangers in Cyprus, Leverkusen playing at a 5k seat stadium in Azerbaijan.

I know matchups like this are possible in the CL, but it's way more of a given in the EL.

Man United XI v Galatasaray: Onana; Dalot, Lindelof, Varane, Amrabat; Casemiro, Mount, Hannibal, Fernandes, Rashford; Hojlund.
Subs: Bayindir, Vitek, Evans, Maguire, Eriksen, McTominay, Antony, Garnacho, Martial, Pellistri

Only question, I guess, is if it will be Mount or Bruno at RW. My vote would be Mount and put Hannibal next to Case and Bruno at the 10.

Back