• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Totally Unofficial Soccer Transfer Thread (NWT)

Why are the Robbies and Kyle saying that Liverpool had a good window? Their CBs are still suspect and their midfield trio is the weakest of the 5 clubs that have a chance for the title (sorry, Arsenal).

Also, not sold on City's spine right now. But I don't rate Stones or Otamendi at all, so maybe I'm wrong on them.

Think Spurs did well and Chelsea did fine. Think United did well also.

Nobody had a window that would blow you away. MUFC probably closest with Lukaku, Matic, Lindelof, and Zlaten.

Swansea had the best deadline day and Bony will give them some much needed punch at the point of their attack.

I'm cautiously optimistic about Leicester's window depending on how these Deadline Day deals pan out.

Maguire has been fantastic, and we really neded a new CB who could dribble/pass. I haven't watched too much of Dragovic, but it will provide a good second option to Huth/Morgan alongside maguire at the very least. Hopefully he can step in and start, but I don't see us dropping Morgan unless his back injury persists.

Iheanacho and Iborra have been battling some nagging injuries, but could slide into the team.

If Silva comes in for Drinkwater I'll be happy as well. Not to mention keeping hold of Mahrez.

It all comes down to how the pieces mesh, but the pieces are there.

Deals still potentially coming through

Danny Drinkwater – Leicester to Chelsea
Adrien Silva – Sporting Lisbon to Leicester
Mamadou Sakho – Liverpool to Crystal Palace
Oumar Niasse – Everton to Crystal Palace
Vincent Janssen – Tottenham to Brighton
Dennis Adeniran – Fulham to Everton

Everton midfielder Ross Barkley has rejected a move to Chelsea after a £30m fee has been agreed between the two clubs, according to Sky sources.

The midfielder travelled to London and began his medical, but Sky Sports News understands he changed his mind and is expected to return to Everton.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

I hope this clown tears every ligament in his knee

Everton should do everything possible to destroy his career

It was a solid window. Would have loved to get VVD or another quality CB, but Salah gives us the best pair of wingers in the league, Ox provides depth we need, Robertson looks like an upgrade, and held onto Coutinho. Don't think the midfield gap is nearly what you think it is once you factor in Coutinho and Lallana coming back. Not to mention securing Keita for next year at which point I'd compare midfields with anyone in the league. We've done far worse that's for sure.

Everton midfielder Ross Barkley has rejected a move to Chelsea after a £30m fee has been agreed between the two clubs, according to Sky sources.

The midfielder travelled to London and began his medical, but Sky Sports News understands he changed his mind and is expected to return to Everton.

It's like he Willian'd them for us!

I kinda like him now.

Dragovic should start immediately for Leicester - he can actually move, unlike Huth or Morgan. I actually quite like that signing for them.

He's not a great player, but he's a quality defender and should settle in quickly.

Leicester are confident they have completed the signing of Adrien Silva from Sporting Lisbon before the deadline, for a fee Sky Sources understand to be worth £22m.

Leicester officials are awaiting formal confirmation from the FA and Premier League that the deal was processed correctly.

Dragovic should start immediately for Leicester - he can actually move, unlike Huth or Morgan. I actually quite like that signing for them.

He's not a great player, but he's a quality defender and should settle in quickly.

Yeah, I'd definitely like him to start, but I have a feeling it may be hard to sit the club captain. Hopefully Shakespeare will have the balls to do it provided Dragovic settles in.

Sky Sports News understands Chelsea will pay Leicester £35m for Danny Drinkwater, breaking the club-record £32m fee the Foxes received for N’Golo Kante last summer

The fact that Chelsea paid more for Drinkwater than Kante is crazy

Sky Sports News understands Chelsea will pay Leicester £35m for Danny Drinkwater, breaking the club-record £32m fee the Foxes received for N’Golo Kante last summer

The fact that Chelsea paid more for Drinkwater than Kante is crazy
They basically swapped Matic and cash for Drinkwater. WTF is that? Bizarre window for them.

What a clown

Back