• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Traffic Lawyer in Marion, SC

GSOWakeFan

Cautiously Optimistic
Reaction score
My daughter got a ticket in Marion SC. Officer reduced it to 64 in a 60. Talked to a lawyer from a referral and he said there was a 50/50 chance he could get it reduced to a nonmoving violation. I am hoping for better odds. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Strange you don’t see many 60 Speed limits these days. Not a lawyer but if it says 64 on the ticket ( with no hidden messages that it was really 70+), seems like the judge would toss it out immediately if you showed up for court. Would the points even hit her license in NC?

It sounds like the vehicle was going faster than 64, but the officer only wrote down 64.

I thought everyone knew to take it easy on Highway 501 on the way to and from Myrtle Beach.

i can't imagine there are too many lawyers in a shitty little town.

Just got a 4 point, $180 speeding ticket, accused going 54 in a 30 mph zone in Estill SC. Everything was 55 all the way thru and bam, up pops 30mph zone. He caught me and the guy behind me. Looks like I have to appear for trial. So bogus; any suggestioms?

Just got a 4 point, $180 speeding ticket, accused going 54 in a 30 mph zone in Estill SC. Everything was 55 all the way thru and bam, up pops 30mph zone. He caught me and the guy behind me. Looks like I have to appear for trial. So bogus; any suggestioms?

Find a local lawyer. They can usually get such tickets reduced to a non-moving violation - no points, but it will cost more.

Back