• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Transgender Athletes

I don't want to misrepresent anyone's position here, but it seems like some of you are saying that I can go over to Planet Fitness and change clothes in the women's locker room and the women won't care, as long as I mind my own business. Is that right ?

Supporting statements include things like:

• Women have seen penises before
  • They've got bigger problems with men than that
  • If a dad can take his daughter into the men's room, it's no big deal for a man to disrobe in the women's locker room
  • There are groomers out in the world so this is no big deal
  • it's just like having a gay guy in the men's locker room

I don't want to misrepresent anyone's position here, but it seems like some of you are saying that I can go over to Planet Fitness and change clothes in the women's locker room and the women won't care, as long as I mind my own business. Is that right ?
Yes, that's exactly what we are saying. Go do that at Planet Fitness and let us know when nothing happens.

I mean, some people are throwing out ridiculous comparisons to something that actually happened and women actually complained about. I guess it's easy to dismiss their complaints because you know better than actual women.

I mean, some people are throwing out ridiculous comparisons to something that actually happened and women actually complained about. I guess it's easy to dismiss their complaints because you know better than actual women.
Nobody is dismissing their complaints because "we know better than actual women".

We are dismissing thereff's posts because he is a hypocritical bigot.

and no, I don't think Biff Tannen from OGBoards going into Planet Fitness and disrobing in a women's locker room is an apt analogy to a transgender woman changing in a locker room because it is the correct locker room for her appearance and personality.

A woman’s restroom needs regulation, dammit

have any of the women in your life been at planet fitness when a trans woman changed in front of them, maliciously?, i guess?

or were in a planet fitness and a cis man pretended to be trans so he could change in front of them...?

I sincerely don't know if I have ever been in a situation in a men's room when I noticed there was a trans man in the bathroom with me because I'm not peeking over urinal walls to check out what's going on around me when I'm going to take a piss. I'm sure I have been, and everything was fucking ok, because we were all just trying to take a leak and get the fuck out of there.

Between this and his HB2 support I am pretty sure he's qualified for the job.

Why be a Walmart greeter when you can be a Toilet Tyrant?

You are insisting upon segregating transwomen from “actual” women. Which specific “actual” women are asking to do this?
Guess
I sincerely don't know if I have ever been in a situation in a men's room when I noticed there was a trans man in the bathroom with me because I'm not peeking over urinal walls to check out what's going on around me when I'm going to take a piss. I'm sure I have been, and everything was fucking ok, because we were all just trying to take a leak and get the fuck out of there.
Do you admit that might not be the same as a genetic man using the women's locker room ?

Let’s put all our cards out there, biff. This concern you are putting forward is actually a refusal to legitimize the existence of trans women, because you refuse to differentiate these very real people simply existing in women’s spaces from hypothetical cross dressing bogeymen invading women’s spaces with malicious intentions.

On a serious note Biff - I really don't think anybody here is saying that there aren't women who have been uncomfortable with a trans woman changing in their locker room or bathroom, nor are they dismissing their points of view. I think most of us just believe that this entire topic isn't really about being "uncomfortable" as much as it is about folks attempts to segregate, ostracize, and ban people with different lifestyles when it has nearly no bearing at all on their day-to-day lives whatsoever.

Once again - the cruelty is the point.

Last edited:
Guess

Do you admit that might not be the same as a genetic man using the women's locker room ?
I sincerely think the danger posed by each hypothetical is the exact same.

I'm not talking about your Clay Travis' of the world who would actual go pull a Biff Tannen and do this simply to prove a point either.

Let’s put all our cards out there, biff. This concern you are putting forward is actually a refusal to legitimize the existence of trans women, because you refuse to differentiate these very real people simply existing in women’s spaces from hypothetical cross dressing bogeymen invading women’s spaces with malicious intentions.

See thread title.

See thread title.
brother you can name threads whatever the hell you want, your thin concern trolling doesn’t begin to hide your bigotry. You claiming to only be concerned about women’s athletics is like me claiming to be a size medium because I squeezed my fat ass into a medium shirt. The truth is sticking out all over the place.

Back