• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Transgender Athletes

The capt doth protest too much, methinks.

If this person is now so dominant why haven’t they entered the portal to get a bag from a bigger school

Something that never happens...happened again. :unsure: YOU GO...uh, girl.

A trans woman, who was a mediocre athlete when competing as a male at Div. III RIT, magically switched his sex to female and went on to win 2 events (200M and 400M) and take 4th as a member of the 4X100M relay at the recent Liberty League championships.

View attachment 9259

I absolutely did not have to google the DIII Liberty League, I 100% have heard of that league.

If we are posting memes now..

63ae7443ec219fe275985936fa27f00f.jpg

For all the dumbass cliches about male athletes pretending to be trans to dominate women’s sports, seems to me it’s just mediocre male athletes honestly transitioning into slightly less mediocre female athletes

Let’s be real here. If a notable NBA player came out as trans and stayed in the NBA, they’d hate her too. It’s about hate not protecting sports.

For all the dumbass cliches about male athletes pretending to be trans to dominate women’s sports, seems to me it’s just mediocre male athletes honestly transitioning into slightly less mediocre female athletes

Do you realize how hard it is to qualify for the US Open ? Besides, she's now the first alternate has a shot to steal a spot from a woman golfer. This person played at the absolute lowest levels of college golf, changes genders, and poof now on the cusp of competing in the US Open, bypassing hundreds of very good/great women amateur and professional golfers.

Last edited:
Do you realize how hard it is to qualify for the US Open ? Besides, she's now the first alternate has a shot to steal a spot from a woman golfer. This person played at the absolute lowest levels of college golf, changes genders, and poof now on the cusp of competing in the US Open, bypassing hundreds of very good/great women amateur and professional golfers.
Counterpoint: She is a woman golfer

She's been on HRT for 9 fucking years and has had GRS (which means her body is probably producing less testosterone than the average cis woman). She's also by all accounts still not a great golfer considering she has never even qualified for the LPGA. She's just an easy target because she's not conventionally attractive, which plays right into your dumb stereotypes.

Counterpoint: She is a woman golfer

She's been on HRT for 9 fucking years and has had GRS (which means her body is probably producing less testosterone than the average cis woman). She's also by all accounts still not a great golfer considering she has never even qualified for the LPGA. She's just an easy target because she's not conventionally attractive, which plays right into your dumb stereotypes.
What stereotype? This isn't a racist caricature or a lawn jockey.

She looks like a middle aged man that you would see at the water cooler at the office because she is a middle aged man.

And I won't even say, man in a dress, because in that picture, if you took away the caption it just looks like Bob won the office golf outing.

I don’t care about any of these stories or any of these sports but there’s a reason the conservatives are pushing this issue and it’s cause these defenses seem like quite the stretch.

Let’s let whoever do whatever in youth sports but once we get past 18 put some qualifiers in there. Being born a woman to be eligible for the LPGA isn’t an unreasonable one. But at the same time let’s not worry too much about a country club championship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don’t care about any of these stories or any of these sports but there’s a reason the conservatives are pushing this issue and it’s cause these defenses seem like quite the stretch.

Let’s let whoever do whatever in youth sports but once we get past 18 put some qualifiers in there. Being born a woman to be eligible for the LPGA isn’t an unreasonable one. But at the same time let’s not worry too much about a country club championship.

What's the stretch? If you are convinced that going through male puberty gave Hailey some undeniable advantage (strength etc.) that hasn't been reversed by 9 years of GAHT then surely the science and raw numbers would show that (e.g. average or max drive length). We are the ones trying to follow the science which increasingly shows that trans women, in most sports, after a period of time on GAHT perform about the same or worse than their cis women counterparts.

Additionally... the Catch-22 that conservatives have knowingly manufactured is that by removing access to trans healthcare they are forcing children like Hailey to go through male puberty. If it had been safe for her to access puberty blockers and GAHT as a teen she would not look nearly as masculinized as she does and wouldn't have seen any benefits from male puberty.

Back