• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Travis McKie Tribute

What has he done to help us get Shaka out of Richmond?

Travis, Thank you for holding up your end of the bargain.

Travis played for Bz for four years. What more can you say? The kid sucked it up, supported his team even when they didn't support him. I hope he make good money in Europe and has a splendid life. He deserves it as much as any Deac I can remember.

Agreed. A darn shame his WFU b-ball experience couldn't have been better. All the best for the future...proud he was a Deac!

I really love this video, woody. Thanks for posting.

Travis had a great individual career and could not have represented the Wake Forest community any better. His career didn't pan out quite as many expected, but he proved himself to a versatile forward, defined by his hustle as an undersized power forward for three years before being asked to move exclusively to the wing, where he was a solid slash-and-shoot guy despite never having the skill set to be better than average. A lot of folks on here found it stylish to rag on Travis's drop in production, but the dude did a good job given the fact that he was asked, at the end of his career, to play a completely different role.

On a different note: Along with CJ, I can't think of another Deac whom I admire more than Travis. Chris, Tim, Josh, Trent, etc. were and are all outstanding guys, but they didn't have to endure (and endure with grace) the nightly humiliation and defeat that Travis endured, all while suiting up and going to work and without pitching a fit or airing what had to have been a miserable situation in public. More than that, Travis made the most of an awful situation. Even in the worst of times, he was a professional.

At the end of the day and realistically, Travis has a nice enough resume at a high level that he should be able to turn it into a long career at, at least, a mid-level of international basketball. I say this without sarcasm: hopefully - and I don't see why they would not do so - [Redacted] and Nix will vouch for him in the professional basketball world and help him find a comfortable landing spot. NBA scouts still remember him from his eye-opening performance from ADIDAS Nations in summer 2012.

Travis helped us through some of the darkest times, if not the darkest times, in our program's history and, for that, I'll always be grateful.

Best of luck, Travis, and thank you!

:golfclap::golfclap::golfclap::golfclap::golfclap::golfclap: Travis McKie!! a class-act that can ball!

Just another one of Dino's thug recruits.

That was sarcastic, BTW. Travis is a class act. Screw Wellman, his cronies, and their smear campaign.

His backdoor cut to the dunk while we were winning for a while @ Duke this year may be my fave Travis play. It was great to have him four years.

Does anybody know if Travis was invited to Portsmouth Invitational? He's not on the official roster list and I don't know if it's because he wasn't invited or turned them down. If it's the former, then it's a huge blow to his professional prospects (as it's an awesome forum for mid-level international teams to evaluate college seniors); and, if it's the latter, then awful move, Travis.

Back