• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trey Gowdy?

FuckmouthedRube

Reaction score
What's the deal with him? Seems sharper, but not as polished as Ryan. Way sharper than Darrell Issa, who's a dipshit who could never gain any traction statewide in CA. Has pledged to release the final report on Benghazi before Dem convention, but is hedging. I'll believe it when I see it.

What's Gowdy's upside in SC-Senator or Governor? Would probably be more useful to Trump as VP than Newt/Christie or AG than Christie.

Oh man, please let him be Trump's VP- the haircut jokes will just write themselves.

I guarantee any reoport he puts forth will be be totally dismissed by the Dems on the committee. He is a total asshat.

I've never thought he'd be Trump's veep, but I'm sure he'll be in the administration somewhere. AG or homeland security.

Christie is more likely the AG or to eat the AG.

I guarantee any reoport he puts forth will be be totally dismissed by the Dems on the committee. He is a total asshat.

I know Trey personally as I went to school with him. Not a real fan of his politics, but he is far from an asshat.

I see him taking the SC Governor's mansion in 2018 without any fight at all. He won't get involved with Trump.

Saw an interview with Gowdy yesterday. Was at the NRA conference with Trump and endorsed Trump. Weaseled around Benghazi. Said he wanted to release the final Benghazi report in 2015. Now claims he'll release it before the convention(s), but will note what parts are missing and release additional info through November.

Did say he was a Rubio guy, but will support Trump. Did note that Paul Clement was conspicuously absent from Trump's list of potential SC Justices. Odd to say, but SC has moved past NC with wiser 'Pubs. Haley wants to keep her 2020 options open and hadn't trashed Trump, but doesn't want to be his VP.

The Trump VP names that have made the most sense are Gates, Haley, Kasich, and Corker. Trump trashed Gates, so that's done. Haley and Kasich are far from begging for the job. Leaves Corker, some damaged goods (Newt, Christie, Little Marco, Martinez), and some complete clowns (Palin, Brewer, Sleepy). That's a thin bench.

DW's read is the most rational. Gowdy could be a longshot VP, but Trump needs more help in the Senate than the House. Gowdy would be a much better AG than Christie. Can help himself and Trump by slow playing Benghazi, but may want to climb in SC rather than hitch his wagon to Trump. Young Governor in a Southern state that's moving up isn't bad for 2024 or 2028.

I know Trey personally as I went to school with him. Not a real fan of his politics, but he is far from an asshat.

I see him taking the SC Governor's mansion in 2018 without any fight at all. He won't get involved with Trump.

http://www.breitbart.com/2016-presid...-donald-trump/

"Republican South Carolina Rep. Trey Gowdy is going to support Donald Trump for president.

The Benghazi Commission chairman, who backed Marco Rubio, is not going to hitch his wagon to the dying #NeverTrump movement now that Trump is certainly going to be the Republican candidate in November."

OOPS, endorsed Trump today.....

There were SEVEN other Benghazi hearings and a blue ribbon bi-partisan report. You an asshat if you hold another such hearing for the express political purpose of trying to get HRC. That's what he did and missed.

Endorsing your party's nominee is not the same thing as getting involved with them.

Gowdy kept his word and released the Benghazi report before the conventions. Dems issued their own report yesterday. Trump will spend at least the next week discussing Benghazi.

Gowdy would be a much better AG for Trump than Christie. Gowdy doesn't attend the conventions, so he can't directly help him there. Graham has no national future, but Haley and perhaps Gowdy do. Neither want much to do with Trump. Wild that even SC's best known pols are steering clear of Trump.

Gowdy kept his word and released the Benghazi report before the conventions. Dems issued their own report yesterday. Trump will spend at least the next week discussing Benghazi.

Gowdy would be a much better AG for Trump than Christie. Gowdy doesn't attend the conventions, so he can't directly help him there. Graham has no national future, but Haley and perhaps Gowdy do. Neither want much to do with Trump. Wild that even SC's best known pols are steering clear of Trump.

Is this final Benghazi Report going to discuss/reveal any new information? I haven't seen much about it yet other than an article on CNN.com. Or is it going to end up being a huge waste of time and taxpayer money? I think the GOP will end up looking like a bunch of dipshits if the report doesn't present any new/relevant facts and reads like a Hillary opinion hit piece.

And are a lot of people actually impressed with Trey Gowdy?

The problem Gowdy has is that Pickering's group did a far more exhausting and non-partisan study. Gowdy's committee is being sued by a former lead investigator for wrongful termination. He has told the media they got upset with him for not being focused enough on destroying Hillary.

This was an over, partisan hatchet job.

The reality is Gowdy spent millions of dollars to attempt to destroy Hillary's candidacy and failed. There was no other reason for these hearings.

Last edited:
The problem Gowdy has is that Pickering's group did a far more exhausting and non-partisan study. Gowdy's committee is being sued by a former lead investigator for wrongful termination. He has told the media they got upset with him for not being focused enough on destroying Hillary.

This was an over, partisan hatchet job.

The reality is Gowdy spent tens of millions of dollars to attempt to destroy Hillary's candidacy and failed. There was no other reason for these hearings.

And he'll do so without impunity because the Republican base and the majority of people in his district still think that Hillary made horrible willful mistakes. It's politics.

Back