• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump Indicted

I’m not clear on why they have to discuss classified information. Trump is on trial for stealing and sharing information. Do they need to discuss the specifics of that information?

I’m not clear on why they have to discuss classified information. Trump is on trial for stealing and sharing information. Do they need to discuss the specifics of that information?
They want their defense to be about the content and how most of the stuff on most of the documents wasn't even that bad and shouldn't have been classified, therefore witch hunt, etc.

The defense would get to see the documents, but the Classified Information Procedures Act allows the government to provide summaries to the jury so damaging information isn't released.

The Classified Information Procedures Act
Congressional Research Service
Summary
A criminal prosecution involving classified information may cause tension between the
government’s interest in protecting classified information and the criminal defendant’s right to a
constitutionally valid trial. In some cases, a defendant may threaten to disclose classified
information in an effort to gain leverage. Concerns about this practice, referred to as “graymail,”
led the 96 th Congress to enact the Classified Information Procedures Act (CIPA) to provide
uniform procedures for prosecutions involving classified information.
The Classified Information Procedures Act (CIPA) provides criminal procedures that permit a trial
judge to rule on the relevance or admissibility of classified information in a secure setting. It
requires a defendant to notify the prosecution and the court of any classified information that the
defendant may seek to discover or disclose during trial. During the discovery phase, CIPA
authorizes courts to issue protective orders limiting disclosure to members of the defense team
that have obtained adequate security clearances, and to permit the government to use unclassified
redactions or summaries of classified information that the defendant would normally be entitled
to receive.
If classified information is to be introduced at trial, the court may allow substitutes of classified
information to be used, so long as they provide the defendant with substantially the same ability
to present a defense and do not otherwise violate his constitutional rights. Among the rights that
may be implicated by the application of CIPA in a criminal prosecution are the defendant’s right
to have a public trial, to be confronted with the witnesses against him, and to have the assistance
of counsel. CIPA may also be implicated by the obligation of the prosecution to provide the
defendant, under Brady v. Maryland, with exculpatory information in its possession, and to
provide the defendant with government witnesses’ prior written statements pursuant to the Jencks Act.

Top headline on Fox News website is "Lowering the Bar", Hunter Biden in 'good standing' with DC Bar — despite charges.

Everything normal over there. Reff and Pops getting that important, high priority info today. Nothing about the new Trump charges. Nothing about McConnell but a nice article about Biden's health. And, oh the irony of them complaining about Hunter's law license when Giuliani and basically Trump's entire stop the steal legal team still have their licenses.

The #narrative now is that these additional charges were issued right after Hunter's plea deal fell apart. Weaponization !

Why would they drop them already if they are new?
In this case "dropped" means that the superseding indictment, containing all the old charges plus new ones and a new co-defendant were delivered to the defendants and attorneys. It was also placed into the public record.

Like "Amazon delivery dropped a package on my porch."

Trump is indicted for our sins.

I was just talking to my wife about this last week. I had to say "babe there's gonna be some news coming out soon that I'm indicted on additional federal charges. Nobody knows why and I have no idea what it's about. Just be ready to answer questions from our family. As soon as I find out more you'll be the first to know"

if you are still supporting this guy at this point in 2023, I almost have to hand it to you because you are clearly demonstrating that you want to go down in history as a complete and total pawn for the worst guy in the world. I mean that kind of commitment is impressive. Lord knows, I could never do it if the roles were reversed.

They have no idea about half of the bad Trump says or does because it doesn't make it into their Trumpian media diet

They have no idea about half of the bad Trump says or does because it doesn't make it into their Trumpian media diet

That’s giving them too much credit. They know more than enough and they’re completely on board. These are horrible people who are fine breaking the law to keep their people in power to hurt the right people.

I mean we have a living breathing example who posts there
if you are still supporting this guy at this point in 2023, I almost have to hand it to you because you are clearly demonstrating that you want to go down in history as a complete and total pawn for the worst guy in the world. I mean that kind of commitment is impressive. Lord knows, I could never do it if the roles were reversed.
These clowns are convinced that Joe Biden is much more corrupt. It really is a study in brainwashing.

Back