• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump Indicted

It really is something to read the replies after a negative tweet about Trump. Like REALLY something
Cults don't tolerate any criticism of the Messiah/Dear Leader figurehead. The Church of Trump lemmings will defend him no matter how ridiculous their excuses become.

It is the most important thing, but I disagree with your assertion that he is finished. There are too many mouth breathers who will vote for him no matter what.
Given what happened in November 2016 and on January 6, 2021 I won't count him out for 2024 until the electoral college vote is certified by Congress and Biden is sworn in and gives his next Inaugural Address. And his standing in the polls for the GOP primaries will probably go up 5 to 10 percent after this latest round of indictments. It's happened after every other indictment.

Trump is probably guilty of something (havent read the charges), and unless he wins the election dude will see some sort of jail or punishment, but I can't help but feel this is a weird crossing-the-rubicon moment. Stable first world countries never prosecute like this so I wonder if this will be an isolated incident or a harrowing feather in the cap that is the Brazilification of the United States

Could just be totally wrong tho, probably good if I am
Illinois has had four recent governors in prison, and they are still standing (they'd still have one if Trump didn't love corruption so much that he crossed party lines to pardon the last one). Say what you will about the midwest, but Illinois is not the state in the worst shape in the country.

You know who comes out looking smart, the smug fuck Jared. All these other dumbasses cling to Trump so long and get used so hard that they end up getting formally indicted. Meanwhile Kushner plays the game well enough to get a 2 billion investment and get as far away from Trump as possible.

Illinois has had four recent governors in prison, and they are still standing (they'd still have one if Trump didn't love corruption so much that he crossed party lines to pardon the last one). Say what you will about the midwest, but Illinois is not the state in the worst shape in the country.
Illinois is the pits, thats not enough arrests either. Very corrupt in Illinois

Last edited:
I genuinely don’t understand this perspective. We all watched Trump do the things that he’s guilty of. There’s mountains of publicly accessible evidence out there to indicate that he’s guilty. Saying that’s “probably guilty” is incredibly strange to me. Either you understand that he did illegal things, or you go full MAGA and deny it and call it a pure political attack. Being in between those two positions is an odd place to be.

I also don’t understand how holding former leaders accountable for their clearly illegal actions sets any sort of dangerous precedent. If anything, it would be more dangerous to not do so and signal to future Presidents that they are entirely above the law.
I meant more with all the charges, this is the fourth indictment I'm not gonna go through everything and find what he is and isn't guilty of. I can guarantee when all is said and done it will be a mixed bag of guilty and not guilty charges, the volume is so great its the most likely outcome.

I'd agree with you on the last part if we could arrest Dubyah and Cheney. But I do think there is a non-zero chance the last vestiges of the Trump Cult start getting violent, idk they shouldve done this right away in 2022 he'd be locked up now and wouldnt be running

Last edited:
Given what happened in November 2016 and on January 6, 2021 I won't count him out for 2024 until the electoral college vote is certified by Congress and Biden is sworn in and gives his next Inaugural Address. And his standing in the polls for the GOP primaries will probably go up 5 to 10 percent after this latest round of indictments. It's happened after every other indictment.
Nah, there's no way Trump WINS the general election, and then the Republicans are just completely dead after that. It's both demographics and literally having no base or cohesion for the party. Its the island of misfit toys for ghouls, Qanon types, and guys who hate the poor

There’s a realistic chance for Trump to win if No Labels fields a candidate.

There’s a realistic chance for Trump to win if No Labels fields a candidate.
Why would No Labels take Trump and not RFK or someone who half/60%/75% of the country doesnt hate?

Last edited:
isnt no labels trying to run a third party? or is it a right wing grift
A little of both.

They’re largely backed by Republicans and it’s thought they might not be so neutral between Biden and Trump.

We know that there are live betting odds on all of this right?

It's effectively a three-way toss-up between Biden/Trump/Field.

Trump has gotten progressively stronger since Jan 6, 2021.

Looking back its kinda funny how the Republicans have only produced two actually intelligent and articulate presidents since Eisenhower, and they have a total of 2.5 terms between them. What happened to the educated conservative that has appeared throughout American history prior? Is it capture or has the lumpenprole insanity just destroyed that party forever. Just throw the whole party out at this point

Time for a Nouveau-WHIG party

idk they shouldve done this right away in 2022 he'd be locked up now and wouldnt be running
Your entire first post was that arresting former Presidents for crimes sets a precedent that could be abused. Now you’re saying they should have sped through the legal process as fast as possible in order to put Trump in jail?

Those two ideas don’t mesh together at all. The reason why Trump being indicted is not a dangerous precedent that could be abused in the future is because the legal process has been incredibly thorough on this.

Back