• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump Will Win the Nomination

Maybe your Cubbies will win the Series this year.

Huh? The only time I ever pull for the Cubs is when they are playing the Braves.

(Well, that's not true this year, since I have Arrieta on all four of my teams. I will be pulling for the Cubs every time Arrieta is pitching.)

That is total horseshit. If I do end up holding my nose and voting trump it will not be due to any of those reasons. I would vote for trump because I truly believe he is less likely to deploy US troops on the ground overseas, than his Neocon opponent Hilldawg. I also believe Trump will raise taxes on the richest one percent, and close loopholes that large corporation get to take advantage of while small companies get squeezed at every turn. Hillary is absolutely blowing wallstreet every chance she gets, and will never crack down on her honeyhole of power.

I disagree with trumps social and immigration policies, but trump can't build a wall unilaterally. Hillary can unilaterally get us into an overseas conflict.

You think Hillary Clinton is more likely to get us into an overseas conflict than Donald Trump?

The amount that stay at home will be replace by new first time pissed of voters. Trump doesn't need to win FL/AZ to take the nomination he needs to sweep the rust belt, an area with low Latino populations.

I think trump loses the general election vote by 6-7%, but wins presidency regardless.

Replacing voters won't be enough.

I think trump loses the general election vote by 6-7%, but wins presidency regardless.

While this may be theoretically possible, I honestly don't think it can happen. What would be the odds of carrying the EV while losing the PV by such a wide margin? Gotta be next to zero, right? Like a Lloyd Christmas kind of chance?

While this may be theoretically possible, I honestly don't think it can happen. What would be the odds of carrying the EV while losing the PV by such a wide margin? Gotta be next to zero, right? Like a Lloyd Christmas kind of chance?

It would take huge blue state turnout for that to happen.

You think Hillary Clinton is more likely to get us into an overseas conflict than Donald Trump?

If you go by his statements vs. her record, then yes, this is probably correct.

But god knows what reality would be.

That is total horseshit. If I do end up holding my nose and voting trump it will not be due to any of those reasons. I would vote for trump because I truly believe he is less likely to deploy US troops on the ground overseas, than his Neocon opponent Hilldawg. I also believe Trump will raise taxes on the richest one percent, and close loopholes that large corporation get to take advantage of while small companies get squeezed at every turn. Hillary is absolutely blowing wallstreet every chance she gets, and will never crack down on her honeyhole of power.

I disagree with trumps social and immigration policies, but trump can't build a wall unilaterally. Hillary can unilaterally get us into an overseas conflict.

Yet, no one can provide any real evidence of her favoritism of Wall St. She was a big nothing-burger as it relates to Wall St as a NY Senator.

It would take trump getting crushed in New England, and the West coast while eeking out wins in battle ground states. Not very likely, but trump winning the general is not very likely either.

I don't know the answer to this but when was the last time a republican beat a democrat in first time voters?

Im surprised the anti-PC crowd hasnt posted any of the many articles about the pussy Emory students and their fear of chalk Trump.

If you go by his statements vs. her record, then yes, this is probably correct.

But god knows what reality would be.

I don't know how anybody can draw anything from what he has said with regards to policies. He has said nothing.

I've heard him talk about bombing terrorists families and committing war crimes. That's probably not going to be excellent for foreign relations.

Why in the world would you think Trump will raise taxes on the richest one percent? I mean the tax plans are out there. He is proposing YUGE tax cuts for the rich. Hilary, not so much.

It would take trump getting crushed in New England, and the West coast while eeking out wins in battle ground states. Not very likely, but trump winning the general is not very likely either.

I said this a few weeks ago - that it's possible Trump could win the EC but lose the popular vote by 5-6%. Not probable at all, but possible. But yeah, he could lose the left coast and NE by yuge margins, Hillary would lose the South by less than usual, and Trump is able to squeak by in some combo of PA (where I do think he'll play better than the usual Pub), OH, MI, VA and FL. While the chance may be small, I think it's much greater in this election cycle than any other I've lived through.

Glad he is using this to score political points.

The truth is not always a pleasant thing.

W used 9/11....which happened on his watch after he was warned a month in advance....to start a completely unnecessary 10-year war that cost trillions of dollars and resulted in nearly 50,000 U S casualties.

Is there polling in first time voters? I don't think young voters are going to vote for trump in the general. Any evidence of drastic increases in voter registration across the country?

Why in the world would you think Trump will raise taxes on the richest one percent? I mean the tax plans are out there. He is proposing YUGE tax cuts for the rich. Hilary, not so much.

Lot of cognitive dissonance on all sides when it comes to Trump

Back