• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Turkey shot down a Russian jet

Liquid Karma

Eat a dick, hackers!
Staff member
Reaction score
Oh boy...

All kinds of links to the story on all the major news sources, but I wanted to post the following image. The red is a radar track that shows the Russian plane made at worst 2 passes over Turkish airspace, each lasting less than 10 seconds. What the fuck Turkey?

radar.png

Oh boy...

All kinds of links to the story on all the major news sources, but I wanted to post the following image. The red is a radar track that shows the Russian plane made at worst 2 passes over Turkish airspace, each lasting less than 10 seconds. What the fuck Turkey?

radar.png

Russia has been entering their airspace illegally for awhile to attack Turk backed AI Assad rebels in Syria.

Turkey almost immediately requested a meeting of NATO. I'm thinking they've got something more than mere evidence the plane violated their airspace for a few seconds.

Quote from Putin:

We will analyse everything, and today’s tragic event will have significant consequences, including for Russia-Turkish relations. We have always treated Turkey as a friendly state. I don’t know who was interested in what happened today, certainly not us. And instead of immediately getting in contact with us, as far as we know, the Turkish side immediately turned to their partners from Nato to discuss this incident, as if we shot down their plane and not they ours.

Out of control...an out of control dumpster fire

Somebody needs to get in there and sort out all these Turks and Russkies jet fightin' around. Where are Mav and Goose when we need them.

Meh. Not a big deal. Certainly not the start of WWIII.

Russia knew what was going to happen if they kept violating the airspace.

There were unconfirmed reports that both pilots were killed after parachuting from the jet. The Turkish TV network CNN Türk reported that one of the pilots was found dead. A graphic video purporting to show a dead Russian pilot has been widely circulated.

The UK-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights said Russian helicopters were combing the crash site area in Jabal al-Turkman in Syria’s northern Latakia province for the pilots, and have apparently blocked wireless communications.

Not looking good for the Russian pilots.

I feel like this is probably not that far off of a statement by Putin, fuck those enablers Turkey,
"a stab in Russia’s back delivered by terrorist accomplices"

Back