• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

U. Of Tennessee using Wake as example

Calm down. It's like your writing passionately about the radicalness of reservoir dogs. We get it.

Yet you think a college sports message board is the appropriate forum to apply your craft as a supreme literary critic.

And if you are BZZ INN, oh the irony because this case in point. A typical buzz in response. See the message, ignore it (or have difficulty fully comprehending the message), then make slighting remarks and passive aggressively attack the messenger.

Also, great movie, though of all the adjectives, a little lost on why you think it's so "radical."

The assumption in that article is that there aren't better coaches than Dino Gaudio and Cuonzo Martin.

I didn't get that. All it basically says it that, maybe these guys (Dino and Counzo) haven't delivered the type of success you have been accustomed to or expect, but, they have shown the ability to succeed on a regular basis. They have a track record at that place that says they are at least competent for the position, if not better than average for someone similarly situated. While there are obviously better coaches out there, it's very limited pool with no guarantees, and the chance that you actually end up with one is not relatively high. Just look at the turnover rate in the acc. And that includes coaches who are good, but may not be a particularly good fit in that situation (Frank Haith) given there style of play and the style of athletes available for them to recruit.

Though i don't want to sound like I am making an excuse for Welman. Which is where the article is a little inaccurate when it comes to Wake. It relies on the assumption that Wellman made a good faith effort to conduct a comprehensive coach search, and hire the best available person for the job. He didn't. he hired his buddy buzz.

Last edited:
The article plainly states that they only might get stuck with a coach as bad as Bz - basically its a known vs. unknown situation

The article plainly states that they only might get stuck with a coach as bad as Bz - basically its a known vs. unknown situation

This. The devil you know is better than the one you don't.

Bz was a known. We knew more about his coaching ability than Dino's. Bz is a loser. Plain and simple. Dino on other hand was simply not an ACC level head coach.

Gaudio’s record after three seasons — 61-31.

At this point Wake Forest fans would absolutely be enthralled to have Gaudio and his success back. The very same fans that wanted him gone.

But but but, Dino had a deer-in-the-headlights look on his face sometimes. Not all handsome and confident like Brad Stevens! I don't care that we won lots of games and were ranked #1 in the nation -- we deserved a handsome coach!

Bz was a known. We knew more about his coaching ability than Dino's. Bz is a loser. Plain and simple. Dino on other hand was simply not an ACC level head coach.

Herein lies the problem and PH is right. The more I hear and see, the more I am convinced that Bz was brought in to totally change the face and direction of WFbball with no accountability to establish a winning program. I think he is a transition coach and wouldn't be surprised if we end up with 2 more years of this bull shit until his contract runs out.

Herein lies the problem and PH is right. The more I hear and see, the more I am convinced that Bz was brought in to totally change the face and direction of WFbball with no accountability to establish a winning program. I think he is a transition coach and wouldn't be surprised if we end up with 2 more years of this bull shit until his contract runs out.

Yup. The culture stuff is bull shit, but not a bull shit excuse. Wellman clearly had a vision for Wake basketball and winning wasn't a requisite. I remember back before the season when people were posting pictures of the freshman hanging out, and they were making videos, and people were all "Love to love these guys," "Great to have players I like to watch," "Love how much they love eachother"...

Jesus Christ it's a goddamn basketball team. I don't want to go bowling with them and laugh at all the gutterballs Cav rolls, I would like for my team to be playing basketball today.

Yeah, the article could have been written by a Buzziner, the fallacious false dilemma is full on here. Surely UT can do better. The point is that when the writer wanted to find the worst hire in recent college basketball memory he chose our coach.

Thanks Ron. I hope everyone enjoys watching 64 schools that you didn't attend play basketball this weekend.

So... Wellman wanted everyone to stop sleeping with Teague's girlfriend?

Yup. The culture stuff is bull shit, but not a bull shit excuse. Wellman clearly had a vision for Wake basketball and winning wasn't a requisite. I remember back before the season when people were posting pictures of the freshman hanging out, and they were making videos, and people were all "Love to love these guys," "Great to have players I like to watch," "Love how much they love eachother"...

Jesus Christ it's a goddamn basketball team. I don't want to go bowling with them and laugh at all the gutterballs Cav rolls, I would like for my team to be playing basketball today.

Yeah, the article could have been written by a Buzziner, the fallacious false dilemma is full on here. Surely UT can do better. The point is that when the writer wanted to find the worst hire in recent college basketball memory he chose our coach.

Thanks Ron. I hope everyone enjoys watching 64 schools that you didn't attend play basketball this weekend.

Buzzy needs to adjust his speaking points. "Building a foundation Ron Wellman's way. We want to establish Ron Wellman's values and culture and winning isn't the top priority. Perception and stereotypes of kids must take precedence over reality and performance."

Buzzy needs to adjust his speaking points. "Building a foundation Ron Wellman's way. We want to establish Ron Wellman's values and culture and winning isn't the top priority. Perception and stereotypes of kids must take precedence over reality and performance."

That's pretty much the message.

I didn't think Dino could get us to the final four so I was in favor of him being fired. I was wrong, Ron and BFF have taken this program to the lowest level I have seen in my 38 years of being a Wake fan. For the life of me I cannot understand how some people (LEADERSHIP) continue to support such a pathetic result that is now Wake Forest BB. The school, the fans and most importantly the players themselves deserve much better!

he could have also used matt dougherty at unc fired after 3 years and brought in roy. or if we fired bz right now, after 3 years, would it be a positive or a negative.

This. This. A million times this. I like winning. I like players who win while representing my school. I don't need to like a player to want him to win.

My favorite Wake players? Randolph Childress and Tim Duncan. Why? They are winners. They won.

I could care less if the players post videos of goofy stuff or make our sad sack fans feel loved and appreciated. I want them to win, graduate, and make the school look good.

Yet you think a college sports message board is the appropriate forum to apply your craft as a supreme literary critic.

And if you are BZZ INN, oh the irony because this case in point. A typical buzz in response. See the message, ignore it (or have difficulty fully comprehending the message), then make slighting remarks and passive aggressively attack the messenger.

Also, great movie, though of all the adjectives, a little lost on why you think it's so "radical."

It's not told as a linear story. Not bzd in. You're real late to this conversation. You should be jaded and despondent by now. I've skimmed literally thousands of these posts. We should get out of vietnam. Allow women to vote and legalize interracial marriage

Last edited:
Back