• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

UAB getting football back

Oh wow what a clusterfuck...feel bad for the kids that loved playing at UAB and left.

Oh wow what a clusterfuck...feel bad for the kids that loved playing at UAB and left.

Yeah, that was my first thought, what about the kids that transferred out which I would assume was all of the ones that still had football eligibility left. Heck, it probably won't be much different than a school starting a program from scratch.

Go Blazers. Now Ron can get a home and home with them too.

What do you mean too late? You think they will fold again because of this?

What do you mean too late? You think they will fold again because of this?

They lost every player with eligibility they had left?

They can't just pull those guys back 6 months later, they've moved on.

And I assume they won't start playing again for a year or two? How does that even work?

No spring practice, no recruiting class this year, every decent player transferred, coaching staff let go, skipped a bowl invite.

This has got to be the Colt 45 Smooth Move of the Decade.

Somebody should be fired.

Give it 5 years before the program is killed for good.

No spring practice, no recruiting class this year, every decent player transferred, coaching staff let go, skipped a bowl invite.

This has got to be the Colt 45 Smooth Move of the Decade.

That's the shame, the program actually had a little positive momentum going and the idiots that made the initial decision to terminate the program squashed it. They ought to institute an expansion type draft for the state of Alabama and make the Tide and Auburn offer up some of it's players to UAB. Of course I'm not serious with that, but some kind of special circumstances should be given to UAB to help get the program back on solid ground as quickly as possible.

you can thank Bear Bryant Jr. for pretty much all of this.

Back