• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ukraine is game to you?

Mdmh has a hard time understanding that people have a different emotional response to different things.

I don’t think he’s has a hard time understanding it. He’s saying it’s problematic and a symptom of how different peoples are treated differently.

I’ll take my commentary to the political chat thread. Just want to make clear that I am not criticizing the world wide sympathy and concern being shown for Ukraine, it’s deserved.

I certainly didn't take your commentary as that, just trying to understand your position and acknowledge that different wars and conflicts are viewed and handled differently. It's amazing how far in the rearview mirror the Afghanistan conflict seems to be.

We’re decendants of europe, of course destruction in Europe is going to hit harder than the destruction of Uyghurs

Yes. It’s also been about 100 years since there’s been war in Europe, whereas the Middle East has been in near constant turmoil

Has it been 100 years since 1999 already? How time flies.

Yes. It’s also been about 100 years since there’s been war in Europe, whereas the Middle East has been in near constant turmoil

The Middle East constant turmoil is at least partly an ongoing side effect of European imperialism from 100 years ago.

We're talking about all the right sorts of things right now.

The EU is slowly amping up its response.

We're talking about all the right sorts of things right now.

The EU is slowly amping up its response.

Yep. Just saw the EU is funding weapons to Ukraine as well as closing EU airspace to Russian aircraft.

I doubt this happens if the White House doesn’t give unconditional support to Ukraine and Ukraines don’t hold the line in the early invasion.

Just saw this from a prominent local restaurateur.

b253c9c5bc9771b790f22ecd58eee169.jpg

Last edited:
Man I hope the SWIFT ban works. That was our biggest lever and I'm glad they got everyone in Europe on board with it.

I hope the run on banks tomorrow spurs more of their people into protest. Soldiers have and spend money too, but they likely are getting zero truthful news about home.

Back