• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Ukraine Protests

20 years ago, maine was home to one of the largest airbases on the east coast and (still) home to america's most important shipbuilders. if maine tried to rebel, it would've been occupied.

but no one in maine would try to rebel to join quebec or something.

well that's because the people in quebec are slightly insane frenchies

Just trying to get myself hyped for Cold Part 2.0. I've missed us having an enemy that I somewhat respect.

NEVER FORGET the 72 Gold Medal game.

Last edited:
nobody can tell if brasky is trying to be funny or just a fool. not particularly a good sign.

It's really not. Kiev is less than 100 miles from the Russian border, and probably less than 400 miles from Moscow. If there was that kind of unrest that close to our capital, military installments and infrastructure, we would act swiftly.

Feels a lot more like Hitler taking back the Rhineland and Czechoslovakia to me.

The only real American equivalent would be Santa Ana attempting to take back Texas, but even that is quite a stretch.

That being said I'm fine with Crimea coming back under Soviet control, considering that it was part of Russia until the Soviets integrated it into the Ukrainian SSR. Just as I would of been fine with Hitler re-taking the Rhineland.

However anything outside of that (i.e. claiming anymore of Ukraine) should be the red line.

That being said I'm fine with Crimea coming back under Soviet control, considering that it was part of Russia until the Soviets integrated it into the Ukrainian SSR. Just as I would of been fine with Hitler re-taking the Rhineland.

However anything outside of that (i.e. claiming anymore of Ukraine) should be the red line.

I'm fine giving them France

John Kerry regarding Putin. I mean, you can't make this shit up.

“If Russia wants to be a G8 country, it needs to behave like a G8 country,” Kerry told CBS’s Bob Schieffer on Meet the Press. ”You just don’t in the 21st century behave in 19th century fashion by invading another country on completely trumped up pretext,” he told Meet the Press’ David Gregory. “You just don’t invade another country on phony pretext in order to assert your interests,” he added. “Russia is inviting opprobrium on the international stage,” he said.

Talk about having a blindspot.

Kerry opposed the Iraq War. There's no blind spot with him.

Kerry opposed the Iraq War. There's no blind spot with him.

He's not speaking as an individual, but a representative of the USA. The reality is that other countries don't let us check our partisan baggage at the door with diplomacy.

GOP Congressman Thinks Putin Is Being " Demonized" In The U.S. http://bzfd.it/1pWuK1W

gift-dog1.jpg

Back