• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Unlimited Vacation Time

6 is where you start to get noticed. if your numbers are good then it's fine, but the issue is that we have staff who don't have a project to work on so they take a few days off, rather than actually going and finding some work to do.

millennials amirite?

I can't imagine a workplace that an unlimited TO policy doesn't end up generating tension. Unless there aren't any 20-45 year old women in the office.

Not as good as it sounds. https://www.thecut.com/2018/06/why-...?utm_source=fb&utm_medium=s1&utm_campaign=sou I have a client that tried it - didn't work for the company, although I didn't hound them for a post mortem on the program. I guess in theory I can take off whenever I want (self employed), but my problem is I don't take enough time off. The hassle of coming back from a week (other than slow holiday weeks) tends to drive stress higher.

true; some industries rely more on bodies in the chair, so to speak, than others rather when we're talking "productivity", though

true; some industries rely more on bodies in the chair, so to speak, than others rather when we're talking "productivity", though

Yup. I've had jobs where I could get what was asked of me done in a fraction of a standard 40-hour work week, but I had to be available for those dependent on answers from me for 40+ hours a week anyway. Same thing for all of the competent folks up and down the hierarchy. If we all could have just agreed on the same 4 hours of dedicated work time every day, we all could have enjoyed time off.

Back