• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Update on OT Colin Summers' health

DeaconPeach

Beer me
Reaction score
Am I crazy, or have we had a history of some weird-ass medical stuff go on with our offensive linemen? Other than this, we had someone with a rare eye problem that I seem to recall.

This sucks for everyone. Summers was one of the few recent OL recruits that excelled from day one. Yes, WF has had abnormal amount of significant to catastrophic injuries to OL. In addition to Summers' blood disorder, Antonio Ford broke his leg, Dylan Heartsill career ending back injury; Stephen Chase - knee. Massive cluster-****

This sucks for everyone. Summers was one of the few recent OL recruits that excelled from day one. Yes, WF has had abnormal amount of significant to catastrophic injuries to OL. In addition to Summers' blood disorder, Antonio Ford broke his leg, Dylan Heartsill career ending back injury; Stephen Chase - knee. Massive cluster-****

Don't forget Brodie Overstreet from a few years back, who was a promising O-lineman and had to quit because of detached retina I think.

fml.

dont get me wrong, i feel for the kid and would never want him to risk further critical injury or worse.

but, jesus man. can we not catch a break with injuries anymore? we used to be so fortunate when it came to our players' health...

fml.

dont get me wrong, i feel for the kid and would never want him to risk further critical injury or worse.

but, jesus man. can we not catch a break with injuries anymore? we used to be so fortunate when it came to our players' health...

When was that? Heck, even the ACC title-Orange Bowl year, we lost our starting quarterback (blessing in disguise probably) and had injuries to 3 different tailbacks and several others I'm sure.

Like everyone, the main thing is they figure it out and Colin is okay, but it also sure as heck sucks to hear this even before spring ball has started. You'd have to figure it would be on the O-line on the heels of all the injuries and crap from last season.....:sick:

When was that? Heck, even the ACC title-Orange Bowl year, we lost our starting quarterback (blessing in disguise probably) and had injuries to 3 different tailbacks and several others I'm sure.

Like everyone, the main thing is they figure it out and Colin is okay, but it also sure as heck sucks to hear this even before spring ball has started. You'd have to figure it would be on the O-line on the heels of all the injuries and crap from last season.....:sick:

i meant o-lineman's health, should have specified my bad..

This was old news I heard about a while back. I have heard from people close to the program that he will be back and good to go now.

This was old news I heard about a while back. I have heard from people close to the program that he will be back and good to go now.

I was pissed until I woke up and realized this wasn't a Bz thread.

If true, great news. Pigskin, anyone confirm?

Then why would an article from today quote Grobe as saying otherwise?

pigskin4life
Joe Amonett

Re: hey

Quote Originally Posted by jamesda3
Not many knew about Summers is it safe to talk about now or not?
Sorry James, i just saw this...yea i think i saw Coach G mention it already in a w-s article. i heard he will be good to go in the summer...if we can stay healthy we are gonns shut a lot of these board guys/gals up this season..

Exactly. jamesda trying too hard to be an insider AGAIN. :rulz:

I don't know what your problem is or why you have it out for me when I am just trying to help people with information. I do occasionally talk to a few players and others in the know so I do occasionally get some info. Whether it is 100% or not I do not know. If you don't want to hear what I have to say please ignore rather than trying to be a smart ass. :rulz:

it is a long way until summer. I will choose to remain optimistic and wait and see

it is a long way until summer. I will choose to remain optimistic and wait and see

james- we appreciate all your posts. Some of us crave any football post...As far as Summers, it seems that people were much more optimistic a month or so ago then they are these days. I did speak to one of the starting lineman the other day and he said that Inteman will be a beast if he has to step in for Summers.

So things are not looking good now. Man I feel bad for the kid. Who cares about football I hope he is ok. And if he recovers enough to come back I hope he does because he has beast potential as well.

It is. Prayers to him and his family.

Back