• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

US News Rankings: Wake top 25

When WakeSenior 03 first wrestled the "Wrong About Everything Award" from two-time defending champion UNCBiz in 2009, he did in such a Bondisian way that, at the time, I thought we were seeing a magical year of posting that would never be matched. Surely there was no way someone could be so wrong about so many things while maintaining such a high level of confidence for more than a year.

But here we are, many years later, and he hasn't missed a beat. Some posters like FearTheDeaconChin and jhmd2000, among others, have tried to topple the king but have come up short. There were even some rumblings that palmab03 might be a contender for this year's trophy, but alas, it looks like PhilliesDeac is proving yet again that he isn't a poster to be trifled with.

Wrong About Everything Awards
2007- UNCBiz
2008- UNCBiz
2009- WakeSenior03
2010- WakeSenior03
2011- PhilliesDeac
2012- PhilliesDeac
2013- TBD

What? Wake is ranked somewhere? Somebody better get Wellman to get to work on that shit.

When WakeSenior 03 first wrestled the "Wrong About Everything Award" from two-time defending champion UNCBiz in 2009, he did in such a Bondisian way that, at the time, I thought we were seeing a magical year of posting that would never be matched. Surely there was no way someone could be so wrong about so many things while maintaining such a high level of confidence for more than a year.

But here we are, many years later, and he hasn't missed a beat. Some posters like FearTheDeaconChin and jhmd2000, among others, have tried to topple the king but have come up short. There were even some rumblings that palmab03 might be a contender for this year's trophy, but alas, it looks like PhilliesDeac is proving yet again that he isn't a poster to be trifled with.

Wrong About Everything Awards
2007- UNCBiz
2008- UNCBiz
2009- WakeSenior03
2010- WakeSenior03
2011- PhilliesDeac
2012- PhilliesDeac
2013- TBD

89Mike has made a strong effort.

You also have to hand it to Biz for retiring before he was the old guy just trying to hang on. Much more John Elway than Hank Aaron.

What sets the elite apart is the ability to be wrong about things in a wide breadth of topics. There are plenty of niche wrong posters -- think TheReff, PhilyDeac or random loony from the politics board. But being able to maintain that level of performance across subjects is rare.

Definitely a good alternative if you want a discount education.

UNC:
Positives- Good education, affordable, guaranteed sports success
Negatives- Fuck Carolina

You can go to the 30th ranked school in the United States and take classes in an entirely fictional department. Must be nice.

Wrong about everything perfectly captures Biz and WakeSenior03. It is so funny to me that 03 is a huge movie buff who shocker only has takes that are completely wrong.

LOL, I guess I shouldn't be surprised that winners like you and IAT can't have an adult conversation without defaulting to childhood arguing tactics. I'm glad you're amused though. More power to you.

T-23 Wake Forest University Winston-Salem, NC
$44,742

30 University of North Carolina–​Chapel Hill Chapel Hill, NC
in-state: $8,340, out-of-state: $30,122

US News also does a "best value" ranking, and this year UNC was 17 and Wake was 34. The cost listed is the average cost after receiving grants based on need.

#17 University of North Carolina–​Chapel Hill
Chapel Hill, NC
42.1% $19,488

#34 Wake Forest University
Winston-Salem, NC
37.7% $28,528

Other Wake notes: 52% of undergrads are female and the school is ranked 11th in "best undergraduate teaching"

Back