• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

USA Today Coaches Poll

SCDeac

Reaction score
Deacs show up this week with 6 votes

Seems a bit premature. Beat a FCS team and an unranked team, get some votes.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's surprising. But hey, good publicity I guess.

What's even more surprising is that Arkansas, Wisconsin, and Nebraska are all still ranked after losing.

Glad to see it but a little surprising since Liberty lost to Norfolk State. Guess it shows the pollsters have respect for UNC although it's too early to tell if they should. Regardless, it was gutty win. Kudos all around.

What's even more surprising is that Arkansas, Wisconsin, and Nebraska are all still ranked after losing.

Arkansas took the second largest drop in history out of the AP poll, going from 8 to out. Only Michigan's loss as a #5 to App State led to a bigger drop.

I doubt the Liberty/Norfolk game was on most pollsters' radar.

Reality is that very little thought goes into these things.

I dont like that we got 6 votes. I like my wake team that goes under the radar and beats unc/fsu in back to back weekends

I still think it was just one voter that got crazy and voted us 19th.

Continuing evidence that these coaches don't watch games and polls this early in the season are silly. But hey, I'll take it.

This poll has zero merit. We absolutely destroyed UConn by 3 and did not get any votes. I guess we have to stop calling off the dogs when we get to 10 points and start going for style points?

Pure and utter bullshit in my book.

Back