• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

If you check out just one song definitely check out that Feargal Sharkey song rsf- it's the most like it. And also check out the Undertones, which were a terrific band. Also, if you like emotional synth driven music, Bronski Beat is a band you should check out:

And Jimmy Somerville's follow up band the Communards (song about a friend of his who died of AIDS):

Pop synth

And the greatest album by a female singer from the 80s

Though Laurie Anderson was also great

Inspired by the Peter Reich book A Book of Dreams, about his father Wilhelm Reich. Video stars Donald Sutherland and was played along with trailers in UK movie theaters. A cloudbuster was a device Reich created.

One of my favorite albums. Check out Depeche Mode, Human League, OMD, New Order, Gary Numan, Ultravox, Thomas Dolby, early Pet Shop Boys & late Kraftwerk.

Yeah, these are all great suggestions. This is a similar type tune.

Bernie Worrell is apparently near death from lung cancer. Headed on his way home.

Trouble Man, Superfly, Shaft, or Across 110th Street? I might have to do a marathon this weekend of smoking soundtracks.

thanks for the recs homies :)

was in a CHILLWAVE mood this morning, listened to washed out - paracosm. good shit

I know you don't mean Costello, but I just (finally) finished his memoir and it was excellent.

As far as the KING, the Sun Sessions are excellent, and I have a fond spot for some of the later stuff like Suspicious Minds and In The Ghetto.

So let's say, hypothetically, that I bought a used CD copy of Upstairs at Eric's last week, because fuck you that album is great, and that it was $4.99, and that now I am looking for more 80s tunes like it, but that early 80s music is pretty far out of my wheelhouse.

where do I look to get more of this in my life

808 State - Ninety

texasdeac have you heard the newest avalanches drop?

thoughts on frankie sinatra?

I've also been digging Veedon Fleece for the last little bit. I hadn't heard it before last year or so, but it shares a vibe with Astral Weeks. Not as amazing, but still a good time.

The words not as,amazing should never be uttered when making a,lame comparison to Astral fucking weeks

Any thoughts on the Will Butler album?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Back