• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

usic Thread

So, uh, the Monkees apparently have a new album out. And it's really fucking good. Never would've guessed that. They had a bunch of folks write songs for them basically and went for the retro 60s sound and vibe and for the most part it works. Andy Partridge penned this one and you can tell, but it's perfect for them...

Anyone been to a concert at Bailey Park in Winston have any tips re parking, access, what to bring, etc?

Yeah it's a lot of fun. I live near there. Not sure about parking as I typically walk. But it is a really cool, nice park. My advice would be to park near krankies. I know they aren't allowing chairs in this weekend which seems absurd but there isn't much we can do about that. Just go to Bailey Park and enjoy how awesome it is.

I’ve known for a long time
I’m not getting what I want out of people
It took me a long time
To figure out I don’t know what I want
So you’ll ask "why?" and there will be no answer
Then you’ll ask for how long? and there will be no answer
Then you’ll ask "what can I do?" and there’ll be no answer
And eventually you will shut up

Somehow I am just learning about Steve Gunn and holy fucking shit this is my kind of music.

Never really listened to him either -- for some reason I've never looked into him or Hiss Golden Messenger even though their label is here and they play around pretty frequently. I liked this cut though, sort of reminds me of some Richard Thompson, even though it's an homage to Michael Chapman, who, along with John Martyn, I'd also like to explore some.

William Tyler was playing with Lambchop when I saw them play one of the greatest shows ever.

Is Tyler just a guitar player? I tried about of his videos. I listened to 1:05-1:20 on each and there was no singing on any of them.

Yes, I believe William Tyler stuff is just instrumental.

To me it was OK, but nothing special. A lot of it was repetitive. It was almost like he was writing a lyrical song rather than simply an instrumental. The forms are different. You have much more freedom with instrumentals which he didn't seem to take.

To me he sounded like a bit above a bar/coffeehouse musician.

Back