• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Utah and Colorado Skiing

That's awesome!!

We're headed back to the mountains for another weekend of family skiing and I would love to see some fresh snow when we're up there. WP got a bit this week, but I don't think they are expecting any over the weekend.

35ish over the next 10 days incoming. 17” over next 5.

I used to watch snow forecasts like a hawk starting months before a trip. Now, I've realized it really doesn't matter as long as resorts have a good base. Just hoping Steamboat gets smoked 3/5 - 3/9.

I still so badly want to buy a house in Cottonwood Heights/LCC and spend a month+ each year there. Unfortunately, I don't make Diggler money.

Last edited:
i love Alta and Snowbird. But lord they are very unique ecosystems 12 miles in a canyon from Haynes Mall. mormons are like Baptists. Great people with Low end sensibilities and bad architectural taste. I enjoy the apres lifestyle and Utah compared to Colorado is getting better but NOT comparable.

steamboat, Aspen, Tride, BC, Breck all have character. I love park city and Sundance as well but staying at a courtyard Marriott on a ski trip with an Applebees nearby doesn’t cut for me,

i love Alta and Snowbird. But lord they are very unique ecosystems 12 miles in a canyon from Haynes Mall. mormons are like Baptists. Great people with Low end sensibilities and bad architectural taste. I enjoy the apres lifestyle and Utah compared to Colorado is getting better but NOT comparable.

steamboat, Aspen, Tride, BC, Breck all have character. I love park city and Sundance as well but staying at a courtyard Marriott on a ski trip with an Applebees nearby doesn’t cut for me,
Our group brings up Alta/SB every year, but they get downvoted. No one wants to go there and it has nothing to do with the actual skiing.

i'd enjoy alta but one of my kids is a snowboarder so can't go there. oh well.

deacfan123, Alta and Snowbird are incredible skiing venues! You can't miss on the snow quality and quantity!

Your group must be into night life.

I've always enjoyed staying in SLC, and driving to wherever I want to ski that day.

The cottonwoods certainly lack in the apres ski area (except hogwallow is a great bar) but there are some good places in slc (unbiased)

Little place called STARBUCKS if you want to get a buzz on

deacfan123, Alta and Snowbird are incredible skiing venues! You can't miss on the snow quality and quantity!

Your group must be into night life.

I've always enjoyed staying in SLC, and driving to wherever I want to ski that day.
Like to ski hard, but yes they all want somewhere with a good apres and night life. No one stays up late, too tired haha but they like fun places to spend a few hours if we're gonna be there a week.

Back