• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

UVA Associate Dean found with kiddie pr0n

images

He's got a public defender? There has to be an income threshold defendants must meet to qualify, right? "If you cannot afford a lawyer, we will appoint one..." Even as an associate dean, he's got to be in 6-figure range. Maybe it's just interim, for the arraignment, but if the charges are true, fuck him. Rot.

Lol at "cavalier" in the OP...that's tremendous.

He's got a public defender? There has to be an income threshold defendants must meet to qualify, right? "If you cannot afford a lawyer, we will appoint one..." Even as an associate dean, he's got to be in 6-figure range. Maybe it's just interim, for the arraignment, but if the charges are true, fuck him. Rot.

These are federal charges so I imagine it is slightly different.

These are federal charges so I imagine it is slightly different.

I think you still have to qualify as indigent (or some variant below a certain threshold) in federal court to get a public defender. Most drug cases up here have public defenders, but anything with fraud or white collar crime has had a hired firm. That may just be anecdotal though.

If the football team can't play ball when grass is on the field then someone has to pick up the slack.

I think you still have to qualify as indigent (or some variant below a certain threshold) in federal court to get a public defender. Most drug cases up here have public defenders, but anything with fraud or white collar crime has had a hired firm. That may just be anecdotal though.

My point is that I would imagine the threshold to be higher for federal court. This guy is an associate dean at a state school. He's not getting busted for insider trading at Goldman.

What was that gif actually in reaction to?

Back