• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Valencia, ESP

TwentyONE

Reaction score
Will be there for a few days after New Year's. Never been to Valencia, but have been to Alicante, which was awesome, so I'm hoping its something like that.

Any recs?

I dig on food, drink, culture, people.

I'm guessing it will not be warm enough for the beach. Not really into clubs or dancing in general. Also, not single and will be with my s.o.

Eat some paella on the beach.

Just walk around town. I loved Valen(th)ia when I was there.

Paella there is amazing. Went there for a long weekend when I studied abroad. Wandered around a lot, there are 2-3 good museums there in one area of the city --> http://www.valencia-cityguide.com/t...ms/museo-de-las-ciencias-principe-felipe.html Like that one the best but I'm a science nerd.

Took the bus there and everywhere. Beach was ok. Went to random bars, don't remember any in particular. Valencia's FC at the time had sweet jerseys if you're into that.

yeah, the aquarium is one of the best (if not the best) in europe. that entire part of the city is really cool. cuidad de las artes is awesome in general.
valencia001.jpg

the more historical part of the city is enjoyable and really walkable. the remnants of the old city walls are sweet, as is the alameda that runs through the city. There are a number of cool plazas: la reina, la merced, ayuntamiento, and many smaller ones. like everywhere in spain, just go to a plaza and sit outside (if its warm enough) or go to a random tapas bar (if its not) and you will have a great time.

It's a pretty fun town, we stayed in the more historic part of town as well and ate paella, did the museums, beach, etc. Orange trees in the streets, friendly people and just like the rest of Spain you stay up way way too late and have an awesome time doing it.

Back