• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Vaportini™ is a revolutionary new way of consuming alcohol.

DeaconSoDear

A.W. Hamilton
Reaction score
http://www.vaportini.com/home.html

The website could use a little work, but I can definitely see buying this one night after too many beers.

Vaportini provides a revolutionary way of
consuming alcohol. It is inhaled rather than
swallowed, smooth and flavorful, and the
subtleties of the individual liquors used are
apparent. It is absorbed directly into the
bloodstream. The advantage is no calories,
no impurities and the effects are immediately
felt; so it’s easier to responsibly imbibe.

I'd wanna try some bourbon in it, but I'd also be really worried that it would be like throwing alcohol away.

Also seems like something you could try and rig up yourself pretty easily.

"Hey, Bob, let's go to the bar tonight, get fucked up, and hit some strange."

"No, thanks. I'm going to stay in with my Vaportini and generally be a big pussy."

Taking alcohol straight to the bloodstream seems like a pretty bad idea.

FWIW, the no calorie thing smells like bullshit. Alcohol (i.e. ethanol), by itself, contains calories. So, unless they're violating the laws of thermodynamics, they're bullshitting. It may be permitted marketing bullshit - in the way that sugar =/= carbohydrate in the advirtisement world - but it's bullshit nonetheless.

A big part of the appeal of drinking is the actual act of drinking. If I wanted to freebase, why wouldn't I just find some real drugs?

According to their pdf, the temperature of the globe (and alcohol I'd assume) never goes over 140 degrees. Considering grain alcohol boils at 172 degrees, how much are you really vaporizing? I can smell a glass of liquor for a few seconds and get a contact high without paying $30 for this kit.

Yeah, this is obviously the end of the wine industry. Who wants to bother with enjoying wine, when you can simply vaportini, get smashed, and go to McDonald's?

outlawed in NC, happened to be at the Gen. Assembly the day it was passed a few years ago, mainly to block the attempts of a (Greensboro maybe?) startup with the same idea.

outlawed in NC, happened to be at the Gen. Assembly the day it was passed a few years ago, mainly to block the attempts of a (Greensboro maybe?) startup with the same idea.

Wait, seriously? This is outlawed in NC? It's a damn candle and a glass globe. I hate politicians. I think the idea is lame, but infinitely less lame than politicians who saw THIS as something they needed to spend their time on.

A big part of the appeal of drinking is the actual act of drinking. If I wanted to freebase, why wouldn't I just find some real drugs?

This. After a certain age, there aren't too many people that drink just to get drunk. Its a social exercise, and the drawn out time is part of it (especially when drinking something decent).

I bought one of these with a gift card from Christmas. Let's see how it works!

Different for everyone. If you're a hobo, the age is probably never.

Love the fact that the word "hobo" is making a comeback. Back when I was a kid we called homeless people "bums". Now my kids call them "hobos". Good stuff.

Back