• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - The Last of Us = GOTY

SteamBox, baby.

Seriously, though, it isn't worth making a decision about next gen consoles until much closer to launch once we see the game lineups and both Sony and MS explain how all the systems and barriers will work.

True. And for me, I am thinking that for once I will probably wait a year and see how it plays out, work out the bugs, see what the failure rates are, etc. I probably have enough gaming left on my 360 to last another year plus before I am out of things to play. I am not done with Skyrim. I haven't even opened Red Dead Redemption. I just got started on Arkham Asylum.

iBzvb2JSpQNRM.gif

posrep

I will most likely get the Xbox because we honestly use it it as much if not more for the other entertainment stuff than the games. I also have not had a PS since my PS2 and have been very happy with my 360. If I do wait to pull the trigger after launch day, it will probably be to make sure Time Warner will play ball with all of it. I also think a lot of the commentary out there hating on the reveal was addressed in the first minute of the presentation when he said that today was to show their vision for the Xbox and E3 will be for the games.

Unless Sony does something similar by revealing some tv functionality at E3 or enhanced media utilization, I think they will miss a lot of consumers.

I will most likely get the Xbox because we honestly use it it as much if not more for the other entertainment stuff than the games. I also have not had a PS since my PS2 and have been very happy with my 360. If I do wait to pull the trigger after launch day, it will probably be to make sure Time Warner will play ball with all of it. I also think a lot of the commentary out there hating on the reveal was addressed in the first minute of the presentation when he said that today was to show their vision for the Xbox and E3 will be for the games.

Unless Sony does something similar by revealing some tv functionality at E3 or enhanced media utilization, I think they will miss a lot of consumers.

I agree that a lot of the initial hate is because it didn't focus enough on games. I think we'll know more after E3.

Agree with the last part. I've had all 3 PS machines and I'll consider an XBox One if the other stuff is better.

Our new Xbox live servers will have more power than all of the worlds computing power combined in 1999

Uhhh is that supposed to impress me?

Yeah. That's like saying one grown man can beat up 20 toddlers.

Yeah, I'll probably end up with both. Where are people going these days for gaming rig PCs? Just building their own?

That's what I did about year ago. It's about time to upgrade the video card though. I moved my GTX570 to my new computer when I built it.

this was an interesting read : http://www.slate.com/articles/technology/technology/2013/05/xbox_one_announced_steve_jobs_dream_device_has_arrived_and_it_s_made_by.html

"Today, I saw something very close to Steve Jobs’ dream device. Just like he envisioned, this machine turns itself into the hub of your living room. It plays video games, Blu-ray discs, TV shows, and everything you could possibly want from the Internet. It switches between this stuff seamlessly—you can forget about the Input button. And it does indeed have the simplest user interface imaginable, an eerily accurate voice recognition system that is far more intuitive than a remote control. Want to watch MTV? Want to see what’s on HBO? Want to switch between TV and a Blu-ray? Just tell it what to do, and it will respond instantly.
Before you say anything, though, you’ve got to say its name: Xbox."

if it works as advertised to sync up all inputs like that, i'll buy it just so my wife can finally work the TV without my help.

You know why they're calling it an xbox one? Because all it takes is one look at it before you turn 360 degrees and walk away.

I really think MS is going to change some of their ideas before this is all said and done.

I kinda like what I saw.

The integration of everything into the XBOX One is pretty neat, but I'm sure it's just another way to force a bunch of proprietary equipment/connectors onto the user again.

They are really pushing the Cloud with this system, not really sure how I feel about that.

Hopefully it isn't necessary to have the Kinect or whatever they are going to call it in order to access EVERY feature of the new system, but I imagine it will be.

You know why they're calling it an xbox one? Because all it takes is one look at it before you turn 360 degrees and walk away.

I'm going to nit-pick here and I apologize in advance. If you turn 360 degrees, are you really walking away?

I'm going to nit-pick here and I apologize in advance. If you turn 360 degrees, are you really walking away?

He's mocking the joke PS fanboys used to make about the 360.

Just imagine James were saying it.

Back