• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - The Last of Us = GOTY

I am getting so pumped for Titanfall. ONE MORE MONTH.

Also thinking about checking out Thief. It looks sort of sick.

I'm enjoying playing things on the Xbox right now. I signed back up for Gamefly so ill just be renting it.

Sent from my Touchpad using Tapatalk

How quickly is Gamefly turn around these days. When I first got it I could have a game picked up the day it was in the mail, back to Gamefly, and a new game all within like 3 days. Then as time went on it went to more like a week between things, like I got throttled for too much turn around.

Not entirely sure. I only used it for two games last time and it was pretty fast

I'm just going to go ahead and say JAZZPUNK and leave it at that.

We have been playing BF4 on XB1 for a while now and it is a great game, but they never should have released the new expansion packs so soon. The game is so glitchy that they should have focused their efforts on fixing all the old maps and gameplay first. It can get frustrating at times because of some of the glitches such as one hit kill headshots, but then again there are some incredible parts of the game that make you come back for more.

What is the Gamefly monthly fee? That info is weirdly hard to find on their website.

$15 a month. I got the first month free and paid another 2 months in fees, then cancelled. Then they gave me an $8 month offer for the first month back. Really not bad, considering games cost so much nowadays.

$15 a month. I got the first month free and paid another 2 months in fees, then cancelled. Then they gave me an $8 month offer for the first month back. Really not bad, considering games cost so much nowadays.

They'll give you another free month if you threaten to cancel after being a member for a while. The turnaround isn't quite is speedy as Netflix, but as you said it's not a bad deal.

It's fun? The trailer was... Interesting.

The best description I have seen called it Airplane! the Video Game. It is crazy how many jokes are packed into it, but it all has a cohesive feel to it, rather than a disjointed Family Guy feel.

They'll give you another free month if you threaten to cancel after being a member for a while. The turnaround isn't quite is speedy as Netflix, but as you said it's not a bad deal.

I don't know that anyone here can answer, but has Gamefly said anything regarding having downloadable game rentals? It's just discs through the mail now, right? But both new consoles are pushing towards downloadable stuff. Just wondering.

I don't know that anyone here can answer, but has Gamefly said anything regarding having downloadable game rentals? It's just discs through the mail now, right? But both new consoles are pushing towards downloadable stuff. Just wondering.

I remember Netflix was considering going all-streaming a while back, but I think it's gonna be a few years before games solely go that route. Probably near the end of the PS3/360 cycle, imo.

Just watched some Thief videos. I'm sold. I'll wait until the reviews come out, but I was really, really impressed with how textured and versatile the environments are. I usually hate stealthy games because they require patience, but the levels in Thief seem to have several alternate methods of completion (i.e., fight your way through or sneak your way through).

Just watched some Thief videos. I'm sold. I'll wait until the reviews come out, but I was really, really impressed with how textured and versatile the environments are. I usually hate stealthy games because they require patience, but the levels in Thief seem to have several alternate methods of completion (i.e., fight your way through or sneak your way through).

Square Enix has released some quality games the past few years. Sleeping Dogs, Hitman: Absolution, and Tomb Raider were all exceptional. I wasn't a fan of Deus Ex though.

I agree that Sleepy Dogs and Tomb Raider were both great. I'm glad Thief is looking good, because I had heard that it was pretty rough for quite a while. I probably won't play it, but I did enjoy Dishonored, so maybe I'll give it a shot.

I should clarify that I haven't seen any actual reports about Thief other than some stuff back in October that said the game was pretty rough in places. In the past couple weeks, though, some gameplay videos are coming out and they look really good, imo.

I think I've gotten what I wanted to get out of dead rising 3 and an now playing the shit out of forza. I didn't like it at first but it is definitely growing on me. Excited to try out ac iv today or tomorrow.

I wasted most of my Sunday on AC IV. Very addictive.

I think I've gotten what I wanted to get out of dead rising 3 and an now playing the shit out of forza. I didn't like it at first but it is definitely growing on me. Excited to try out ac iv today or tomorrow.

I'm at this point right now with ACIV. I got to about 93% completion. I've done basically everything except collect all the animus fragments (which would take forever, and I'm not sure there's any great reward for doing so), and defeat all the legendary ships. I died 3 times trying to fight one, and basically said fuck it, not worth my time.

I was a terrible gamer during the 90's too.

Back