• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Video Game Thread - The Last of Us = GOTY

I love AC4. Really getting into the story and I'm barely 33% through the game. They chose an amazing setting for the game, and I can't get enough of the sea shanties and tavern songs (Star of the County Down FTW).

I love AC4. Really getting into the story and I'm barely 33% through the game. They chose an amazing setting for the game, and I can't get enough of the sea shanties and tavern songs (Star of the County Down FTW).

I've heard that some of the best things in that game are the little meta bits and nods that they put in there... like how Abstergo is partnering with Ubisoft to make these games using the Animus and some of the references to past AC games. I really should play it at some point, but I feel the need to subject myself to AC3 first, since I have consumed every bit of AC content up to that point.

I've heard that some of the best things in that game are the little meta bits and nods that they put in there... like how Abstergo is partnering with Ubisoft to make these games using the Animus and some of the references to past AC games. I really should play it at some point, but I feel the need to subject myself to AC3 first, since I have consumed every bit of AC content up to that point.

There are definitely references to past AC games so far and probably lots of other stuff I missed. They did throw in a Monkey Island reference which I thought was fantastic. I have no interest in playing AC3 since I heard the main character was boring and it got really repetitive, and from what I understand AC4 is a vast improvement.

Any guesses or rumors as to where the next AC will take place? There were lots of little meta bits about past and (possibly) future AC games in the AC4 Abstergo computers that you hack, and I'm pretty psyched to see where they go next.

The American Civil War makes a lot of sense, imo. The French Revolution would be cool too, but they'd have to go backwards from Edward Kenway to get there. Maybe a game set in industrial London?

Any guesses or rumors as to where the next AC will take place? There were lots of little meta bits about past and (possibly) future AC games in the AC4 Abstergo computers that you hack, and I'm pretty psyched to see where they go next.

The American Civil War makes a lot of sense, imo.

At one point they explain why they can't use vehicles in the Animus, since people tend to zone out when driving/riding, so it messes with memories. I thought that was a pretty clever way to make sure they'd never have to both adding vehicles to the game engine.

There are definitely references to past AC games so far and probably lots of other stuff I missed. They did throw in a Monkey Island reference which I thought was fantastic. I have no interest in playing AC3 since I heard the main character was boring and it got really repetitive, and from what I understand AC4 is a vast improvement.

I enjoyed AC3, but it does get a little repetitive.

The American Civil War makes a lot of sense, imo. The French Revolution would be cool too, but they'd have to go backwards from Edward Kenway to get there. Maybe a game set in industrial London?

French Rev happens in the 1790s, after the American Rev. Also they went back in time from Conner with Kenway.

Civil War would be good, nice long timeline. Can't wait until they tackle the world wars

Last edited:
At one point they explain why they can't use vehicles in the Animus, since people tend to zone out when driving/riding, so it messes with memories. I thought that was a pretty clever way to make sure they'd never have to both adding vehicles to the game engine.

Hah, never caught that. I guess that makes sense, except a central portion of AC4 was the Jackdaw, and that's a boat...

A big budget game set during WWI would be pretty cool.

If you get too modern, the over reliance on firearms will change the gameplay too much.

If you get too modern, the over reliance on firearms will change the gameplay too much.

Meh, I could see WWI maybe working out at least I think w/ all the trench warfare. Past that you're probably right.

But I upgraded to 4 pistols + max ammo asap in AC4, so I'm cool with more guns. :p

Meh, I could see WWI maybe working out at least I think w/ all the trench warfare. Past that you're probably right.

But I upgraded to 4 pistols + max ammo asap in AC4, so I'm cool with more guns. :p

this; im sure they'd figure it out. Worked for Hitman and Splinter Cell

Midway and Warner Bros. spent $50 million on this piece of shit game before it was canceled. Crazy.

Hearing that loser talk about how awesome it is to be the cool guy at the club by pushing video game buttons was one of the saddest things I've ever heard. Jesus Christ, I kept watching. You sober up by taking a piss. Holy cow.

Shame. A good Vegas game about gambling with a good storyline would be pretty sweet.

Oh man, a wet t-shirt bonus game? This is so stupid.

Hearing that loser talk about how awesome it is to be the cool guy at the club by pushing video game buttons was one of the saddest things I've ever heard. Jesus Christ, I kept watching. You sober up by taking a piss. Holy cow.

Shame. A good Vegas game about gambling with a good storyline would be pretty sweet.

Oh man, a wet t-shirt bonus game? This is so stupid.

But but but...he took the club from dead to HOPPIN'!!! I can't imagine anything cooler than that!

Seriously, that game looks like it would've been incredibly awful.

"Nintendo also slashed its 2014 Wii U sales forecast 70 % from 9 million units to just 2.8 million, fewer than the Xbox One and PlayStation 4 sold in just over a month following their respective launches last year."

Nintendo :rulz:

I had actually been thinking about picking up AC3 since I haven't played it yet and the price has dropped a lot (I have some Best Buy reward certificates from Christmas gifts so it would pretty much be free, actually). I love the idea of the Revolutionary War setting. Is it worth it or should I pass?

anyone tried Path of Exile? Free to play with no catch, and a really well done game. Very complex and time consuming though

I had actually been thinking about picking up AC3 since I haven't played it yet and the price has dropped a lot (I have some Best Buy reward certificates from Christmas gifts so it would pretty much be free, actually). I love the idea of the Revolutionary War setting. Is it worth it or should I pass?
I enjoyed the game a lot when I played it. The one thing I will say is that AC3 has lost some of its appeal to me now since I've played AC4. AC3 introduced or improved some nice mechanics (boat, hunting, different weapons, etc) and they were good at the time. However, AC4 pretty much bettered each mechanic so the AC3 mechanics seem "average" when looking back. Connor is probably the most boring assassin in the series FWIW.

Overall, AC3 is in the discussion for my second favorite game with Brotherhood but it's not AC4 level to me.

Last edited:
yeah, AC3 was definitely pretty boring at times; but that twist in the first third was pretty great

Back