• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Vidovich to Pitt

May have hated dealing with pro players, maybe after 20+ years he was ready for a change- great we had him but I like our new guy- seems to have put new energy into the program- and with great results on the field. Good luck to Vidovich, better fortunes for Coach Muuss.

I like Muuss more, quite frankly. Time will tell, but I don't believe we took a step back - at all.

It's no slap in the face. Wake is better than Pitt in every way.

Right. Don't see this as disrespectful. Guy needed a job and took the best available.

Last edited:
oh bullshit. don't be such a pussy.

Exactly. The guy built our program into a national powerhouse and delivered a national championship. He doesn't owe Wake anything.

Vidovich had his reasons for leaving, some of which were probably legitimate. I never really saw his style working well with pro players, and maybe he and the Timbers both realized it. Glad he found his way back to the ACC - he's a great guy and I wish him only the best

May have hated dealing with pro players, maybe after 20+ years he was ready for a change- great we had him but I like our new guy- seems to have put new energy into the program- and with great results on the field. Good luck to Vidovich, better fortunes for Coach Muuss.

the egos in the minor league MLS are just ridiculous

Exactly. May have wanted to try it after 20+ years and found it wasn't for him. He got us a national title. Good luck.

C
Exactly. May have wanted to try it after 20+ years and found it wasn't for him. He got us a national title. Good luck.
Would like to see him get a spot in the AD in a few years.

He took over as head coach 2 weeks into my freshman year at Wake. Hard to blame a guy in his early 50s for leaving a place he worked for almost 30 years. I'm sure he'll get a good welcome when he returns to Spry.

He took over as head coach 2 weeks into my freshman year at Wake. Hard to blame a guy in his early 50s for leaving a place he worked for almost 30 years. I'm sure he'll get a good welcome when he returns to Spry.

maybe PITT paid him big $ for a soccer coach?

Vidovich had his reasons for leaving, some of which were probably legitimate. I never really saw his style working well with pro players, and maybe he and the Timbers both realized it. Glad he found his way back to the ACC - he's a great guy and I wish him only the best

I think this is pretty spot on. And Pitt was willing to show him the money to bring him back. I think at times even with his success, Wake wasn't willing.

As others have said, we're in great shape with Muuss, but for Vidovich to return to the ACC so soon is a slap in the face, no doubt. F him.

Who cares? It's not like he went to a rival.

Good luck to Jay at Pitt.

I think this is pretty spot on. And Pitt was willing to show him the money to bring him back. I think at times even with his success, Wake wasn't willing.

Well to be fair, we have no idea whether Pitt had to pay the amount of money that Vidovich wanted from Wake. He was in a weaker bargaining position after being let go by the Timbers and left essentially jobless

Well to be fair, we have no idea whether Pitt had to pay the amount of money that Vidovich wanted from Wake. He was in a weaker bargaining position after being let go by the Timbers and left essentially jobless

Are you saying Jay left because Wake wouldn't pay him enough?

Back